Fuzzy Soft Expert System in Prediction of Coronary Artery Disease
- 190 Downloads
Coronary artery disease affects millions of people all over the world including a major portion in Egypt every year. Although much progress has been done in medical science, early detection of this disease is still a challenge for prevention. In this paper we, will extend the concept of fuzzy soft set theory so as to develop a knowledge-based system in medicine and devise a prediction system named fuzzy soft expert system consisting of four main components. These are a fuzzification which translates inputs into fuzzy values, fuzzification of data sets to obtain fuzzy soft sets, a new fuzzy soft set by normal parameter reduction of fuzzy soft set and an algorithm to produce the resultant output. The fuzzy soft expert system developed is then used to predict for coronary artery disease using systolic blood pressure, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, maximum heart rate, blood sugar, old peak and age of patients. A preliminary study is conducted on nine male patients undergoing treatment in the Cardiac Unit of the Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt. It is found that the fuzzy soft expert system developed is able is to help the expert doctor to decide whether a patient needs to be given drug therapy or intervention.
KeywordsFuzzy soft set Fuzzy soft expert system Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol Maximum heart rate Systolic blood pressure
We are indebted to Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia for providing financial support for this research under the Grant DPP-2015-FST.
- 1.Park, K.: Park ’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine. Banarsidas Bhanot, Madhya Pradesh (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Schuster, A., Adamson, K., Bell, D.A.: Decision-making on fuzzy pieces of evidence. In: Workshop on Intelligent Data Analysis in Medicine and Pharmacology, pp. 114–116. Washington DC, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Adlassnig, K.P., Kolarz, G.: Computer-assisted medical diagnosis using fuzzy subsets. In: Gupta, M.M., Sanchez, E. (eds.) Approximate Reasoning In Decision Analysis, pp. 219–247 (1982)Google Scholar
- 18.Kochurani, O.G., Aji, S., Kamal, M.R.: A neuro fuzzy decision tree model for predicting the risk in coronary artery disease. IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Intelligence Control ISIC 2007, pp. 166–171 (2007)Google Scholar
- 22.Adeli, A., Neshat, M.: A fuzzy expert system for heart disease diagnosis. In: Proceedings of International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, vol. 1, pp. 134–139. Hong Kong (2010)Google Scholar
- 26.Mohammadpour, R.A., Abedi, S.M., Bagheri, S., Ghaemian, A.: Fuzzy rule-based classification system for assessing coronary artery disease. Comput. Math. Methods Med. (2015). doi: 10.1155/2015/564867
- 27.Hedeshi, N.G., Abadeh, M. S.: Coronary artery disease detection using a fuzzy-boosting PSO approach. Comput. Intell. Neurosci.(2014). doi: 10.1155/2014/783734
- 29.Negahbani, M., Joulazadeh, S., Marateb, H.R., Mansourian, M.: Coronary artery disease diagnosis using supervised fuzzy C-means with differential search algorithm based generalized Minkowski metrics. Peertechz J. Biomed. Eng. 1(1), 6–14 (2015)Google Scholar
- 39.Allahverdi, N., Torun, S., Saritas, I.: Design of a fuzzy expert system for determination of coronary heart disease risk. In: International Conference on Computer System and Technologies (2007)Google Scholar