Adaptive Fuzzy Sliding Mode Control for Nano-positioning of Piezoelectric Actuators
- 198 Downloads
In this paper, an adaptive fuzzy sliding mode control method is presented, which combines a fuzzy component added on the switching control part for use in controlling the piezoelectric actuators’ systems with uncertainties. The fuzzy logic component employed in the controller is used to compensate the effect of nonlinear terms in the system. The resulting control strategy is devised using sliding mode control schemes. Furthermore, the additional fuzzy term accelerates convergence toward the sliding surface and suppresses the chattering phenomenon. By using Lyapunov-based stability analysis, the asymptotic tracking ability of the designed controller is proved. Experimental results confirm that the designed control approach produces faster response and smaller tracking errors in comparison with the conventional sliding mode controller. The effectiveness and feasibility of the proposed control technique are verified through experimental investigations on a PEA stage.
KeywordsPiezoelectric actuator (PEA) Fuzzy control Sliding mode control Hysteresis
The authors would like to thank Dr. Jinjun Shan of York University for his equipments support used for experiments in this paper.
- 17.Wang, T., Gao, H., Qiu, J.: A combined adaptive neural network and nonlinear model predictive control for multirate networked industrial process control. IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. Learn. Syst. (2015). doi: 10.1109/TNNLS.2015.2411671
- 28.Li, H., Sun, X., Wu, L., Lam, H.: State and output feedback control of a class of fuzzy systems with mismatched membership functions. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. (2014). doi: 10.1109/TFUZZ.2014.2387876
- 30.Su, X., Wu, L., Shi, P., Chen, C.P.: Model approximation for fuzzy switched systems with stochastic perturbation. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. (2014). doi: 10.1109/TFUZZ.2014.2362153
- 34.Li, H., Wu, C., Shi, P., Gao, Y.: Control of nonlinear networked systems with packet dropouts: interval type-2 fuzzy model-based approach. IEEE Trans. Cybern. (2014). doi: 10.1109/TCYB.2014.2371814
- 38.Wang, L.-X.: A Course in Fuzzy Systems. Prentice-Hall Press, Upper Saddle River (1999)Google Scholar
- 39.Dawson, D.M., Hu, J., Burg, T.C.: Nonlinear Control of Electric Machinery. Marcel Dekker, New York (1998)Google Scholar