Research Rankings of Behavior Analytic Graduate Training Programs and Their Faculty
- 571 Downloads
We evaluated research productivity of several graduate programs that provide Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)-approved course sequences in behavior analysis. Considering the faculty of BACB training programs as a unit, in only about 50 %, programs have faculty combined to publish ten or more total articles in our field’s primary empirical journals. Among individual faculty members, a sizeable number have not published an article in any of the field’s top journals. To recognize major scholarly contributors, we provide top 10 lists of training programs and individual faculty members. We conclude by discussing the importance of research in an increasingly practice-driven marketplace.
KeywordsResearch productivity Behavior analysis Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- About the BACB. (n.d.). Retrieved March 11, 2015, from http://www.bacb.com/index.php?page=1.
- Altbach, P. G. (2010, November 11). The state of the rankings. Inside Higher Ed. https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2010/11/11/altbach.
- Association for Behavior Analysis International. Guidelines for the Accreditation and Reaccreditation of Programs in Behavior Analysis. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.abainternational.org/media/67232/abai_accreditation_manual_2013.pdf.
- Bailey, J. S., & Burch, M. R. (2002). Research methods in applied behavior analysis. Thousand Oaks: Sage.Google Scholar
- Behavior Analysis Certification Board (2013, May). BACB certificants now exceed 13,000 worldwide! BACB Newsletter. Retrieved from http://www.bacb.com/newsletter/BACB_Newsletter_5-13.pdf.
- Critchfield, T. S., Doepke, K. J., & Campbell, R. L. (2015). Origins of clinical innovations: why practice needs science and how science reaches practice. In F. D. DeGenarro Reed & D. D. Reed (Eds.), Bridging the gap between science and practice in autism service delivery. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Guidelines for the Accreditation and Reaccreditation of Programs in Behavior Analysis. (2015). Association for Behavior Analysis International. Retrieved March 11, 2015.Google Scholar
- Recent Developments. (n.d.). Retrieved March 11, 2015, from http://www.bacb.com/index.php?page=100179.