An Elective in College Mental Health for Training Adult Psychiatry Residents in Young Adult Psychiatry
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 2.Lamb C, Murphy M. The divide between child and adult mental health services: points for debate. Br J Psychiatry Suppl. 2013;54:S1–4.Google Scholar
- 3.Paul M, Street C, Wheeler N, Singh SP. Transition to adult services for young people with mental health needs: a systematic review. Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2014. doi: 10.1177/1359104514526603
- 5.Davis M, Vander SA. The transition to adulthood for youth who have a serious emotional disturbance, part I: developmental transition and adult outcomes. J Ment Health Admin. 1997;24:400–27.Google Scholar
- 6.Institute of Medicine & National Research Council. Investing in the health and well-being of young adults. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2014. Retrieved from http://www.nap.edu/catalog/18869/investing-in-the-health-and-well-being-of-young-adults.
- 8.Institute of Medicine. Improving the Health, Safety, and Well-Being of Young Adults: Workshop Summary. Retrieved August 31, 2014 from http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2013/Improving-the-Health-Safety-and-Well-Being-of-Young-Adults-Workshop-Summary.aspx.
- 12.Cook T, et al. America’s Young Adults: Special Issue, 2014. Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics. ERIC, 2014. Google Scholar. Web. 13 Dec. 2014.Google Scholar
- 14.Wyatt RJ, Chew RH. Wyatt’s practical psychiatric practice: forms and protocols for clinical use. 3rd ed. Arlington: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.; 2005.Google Scholar
- 15.Kay J, Schwartz V, editors. Mental health care in the college community. West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell; 2010.Google Scholar
- 24.Johnston LD, et al. Monitoring the Future: National Survey on Drug Use, 1975–2009. Volume IIL College Students and Adults Ages 19–50. NIH Publication No. 10-7585. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA); 2010.Google Scholar
- 27.Broton K, Goldrick-Rab S. Housing instability among college students. University of Wisconsin-Madison Center for Financial Security. Retrieved August 31, 2014 from http://strategylabs.luminafoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sara-Goldrick-Rab-Housing-Policy-FINAL-copy.pdf.
© Academic Psychiatry 2015