Commentary on models of biobanks and implications for reproductive health innovation
Biobanking Eggs and Embryos for Research
- 80 Downloads
- Alþingi Erindi nr. Þ 143/658. 2013. Íslensk Erfðagreining Umsögn til velferðanefndar Alþingis vegna breytinga á lögum nr. 110/200 um lífsýnasöfn. (deCODE genetics statement to the Welfare Committee of Parliament because of proposal to alter law nr. 110/200 on Biobanks). http://www.althingi.is/altext/erindi/143/143-658.pdf. Accessed 28 Dec 2015.
- Árnason, G. 2007. Icelandic Biobank. A report for GenBenefit. https://www.uclan.ac.uk/research/explore/projects/assets/cpe_genbenefit_icelandic_case.pdf. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
- Capps, B. 2015. Models of biobanks and implications for reproductive health innovation. Monash Bioethics Review.Google Scholar
- Cortez, M. F. 2015. Amgen’s Icelandic DNA Quest. Bloomberg Business March 25. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-25/amgen-s-iceland-dna-quest-scans-nation-s-genes-for-disease-clues. Accessed 28 Dec 2015.
- deCODE (2000) decode Genetics, Inc. S-1 Registration: 8 March 2000. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1022974/0000950123-00-002076.txt. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
- Ethics and Governance Council (EGC). UK Biobank. 2007. UK Biobank Ethics and Governance Framework. Version 3.0 (October).Google Scholar
- Fréttablaðið 2014. Við svörum kallinu! (We answer the call!). 9 May page 5. http://vefblod.visir.is/index.php?s=8095&p=172454. Accessed 27 Dec 2015.
- Garde, D. 2013. DeCODE spinout bags $15 M to use genomics know-how for diagnostics. http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/decode-spinout-bags-15m-use-genomics-know-how-diagnostics/2013-10-24. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
- Greely, H.T. 2000. Iceland’s plan for genomics research: Facts and implications. Jurimetrics Journal 40: 153–191.Google Scholar
- Hannesson, P. 2008. Jáeindaskanni. Næsta stóra tækninýjung í læknisfræði á Íslandi. (PET/CT: The next big technical advance in medicine in Iceland). Læknablaðið 2008/94: 101.Google Scholar
- Kaiser, J. 2010. deCODE genetics rises from the ashes. Science/AAAS 21 January. http://news.science.org/2010/01/decode-genetics-rises-ashes. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
- Levitan, D. 2015. Q&A: Kári Stefánsson says medical privacy is overrated. IEEE spectrum, May 2015. http://spectrum.ieee.org/biomedical/ethics/qa-kri-stefnsson-says-medical-privacy-is-overrated. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
- Ministry of Welfare Announcement. 2015. Stórgjöf Íslenskrar erfðagreiningar: Kaup og uppsetning á jáeindaskanna (deCODE genetics’s generous gift: purchase and installation of a PET/CT), August 12, 2015. https://www.velferdarraduneyti.is/frettir-vel/nr/35227. Accessed 23 Dec 2015.
- PRNewswire WuXi PharmaTech Acquires NextCODE Health to Create Global Leader in Genomic Medicine posted on January 9 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wuxi-pharmatech-acquires-nextcode-health-to-create-global-leader-in-genomic-medicine-300018311.html. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
- Regalado, A. 2015. Genome study predicts DNA of the whole of Iceland. MIT Technology Review 25 March.Google Scholar
- Sigmundsdóttir, A. 2014. Privacy on Ice. Slate 21 May.Google Scholar
- Stacey, S., et al. 2015. New basal cell carcinoma susceptibility loci. Nature Communications 6: Article number 6825.Google Scholar
- Vorhaus, D. 2010. Meet the New deCODE, Same as the Old deCODE?’ Genomics Law Report Posted on January 25. http://www.genomicslawreport.com/index.php/2010/01/25/meet-the-new-decode-same-as-the-old-decode/. Accessed 2 Nov 2015.
© Monash University 2016