A comparison of the development of tourism information technologies between China and the United States
- 70 Downloads
This viewpoint discusses the status, the issues, as well as the future development of different information technologies in tourism and hospitality in China and the United States.
KeywordsInformation technologies China The United States Mobile payment Tourism Hospitality
The authors would like to thank Ms. Xinyue Zhang of Drore’s translation service for the manuscript.
- Chon K, Zhang G, Lew AA, Ap J (2002) Tourism in China. Routledge, AbingdonGoogle Scholar
- Fintech Innovation (2018) Vietnam targets illegal WeChat Pay and Alipay payments. https://www.enterpriseinnovation.net/article/vietnam-targets-illegal-wechat-pay-and-alipay-payments-935732944. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- International Monetary Fund (2018) China’s economic outlook in six charts. International Monetary Fund. https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2018/07/25/na072618-chinas-economic-outlook-in-six-charts. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- Kuang C (2015) Disney’s $1 billion bet on a magical wristband. Wired Magazine. https://www.wired.com/2015/03/disney-magicband/. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- KURL8 (2018) Surge in Canadian retailers jumping on Alipay and WeChat Pay. http://www.kulr8.com/story/39522009/surge-in-canadian-retailers-jumping-on-alipay-and-wechat-pay. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- Liu TC, Brock JL (2010) Redemption behaviour for credit card reward programs in China. Int J Bank Mark 27(2):150–166Google Scholar
- Peers A (2014) The Met tells an epic tale in ancient objects. https://observer.com/2014/09/the-met-tells-an-epic-tale-in-ancient-objects/. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- Xinhua (2012) IPads offer solutions to overcharging in Sanya. China Daily. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2012-05/24/content_15381378.htm. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- Xu C, Huang X, Zhu J, Zhang K (2018) Research on the construction of Sanya smart tourism city based on Internet and big data. In: International conference on intelligent transportation, big data & smart city (ICITBS), Xiamen, 25–26 Jan 2018Google Scholar