Modified approach to solve nonlinear equation arising in infiltration phenomenon
- 38 Downloads
In the present analysis, the modified homotopy analysis method has been employed to find an approximate analytical solution of Richards’ equation. This method is the slight modification of standard homotopy analysis method. Some standard cases of Richards’ equation have been discussed as an example to illustrate the high accuracy and reliability of modified homotopy analysis method. The result obtained from the proposed method is very close to the exact solution of the problem. It is concluded that modified homotopy analysis method is the better alternative to some standard existing methods to solve some realistic problems arising in science and technology.
KeywordsInfiltration Phenomenon Richards’ equation Modified homotopy analysis method h-curve
The authors are thankful to the Applied Mathematics and Humanities Department, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Surat, for providing research facilities.
Compliance with ethical standards
The author declares that there is no competing interest about this manuscript.
- 3.Brooks, R.H., Corey, A.T.: Hydraulic properties of porous media. Hydrol. Pap. Colo. State Univ. Fort Collins 3, 24 (1964)Google Scholar
- 4.Buckingham, E.: Studies on the movement of soil moisture. Bur. Soils Bull. 38, 61 (1907)Google Scholar
- 5.Corey, A.T.: Mechanics of Immiscible Fluids in Porous Media. Colorado Co., Water Resource Publication, Littleton (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.El-Tawil, M.A., Huseen, S.N.: The q-homotopy analysis method. Int. J. Appl. Math. Mech. 8(15), 5175 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Mays, L.W.: Water Resources Engineering, 2nd edn. Wiley, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Whitman, B.G.: Linear and nonlinear waves. Wiley, New York (1974)Google Scholar