Improved variational iteration method for solving a class of nonlinear Fredholm integral equations
- 54 Downloads
In this paper, an efficient numerical method which is a combination of the variational iteration method and the spectral collocation method is developed for solving a class of nonlinear Fredholm integral equations (NFIEs). This method is easy to implement, requiring no tedious computational work and possesses the spectral accuracy. In addition, it does not require calculating Adomian’s polynomials and Lagrange’s multiplier values. Several numerical examples are included to demonstrate the validity and efficiency of the proposed method. The obtained results have been compared with the exact solutions so that the high accuracy of the results are clear.
KeywordsVariational iteration method Spectral collocation method Nonlinear Fredholm integral equation
Mathematics Subject Classification45G10 45B05 65M70
The authors are very grateful to both reviewers for carefully reading the paper and for their comments and suggestions which helped to improve the paper.
- 6.Boyd J.P.: Chebyshev and Fourier Spectral Methods. Courier Corporation (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Trif, D.: Matrix based operatorial approach to differential and integral problems. In: MATLAB-A Ubiquitous Tool for the Practical Engineer. InTech (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Dehghan, M.: Approximate solution of a differential equation arising in astrophysics using the variational iteration method. New Astron. 13, 53–59 (2008)Google Scholar
- 20.Inokuti, M., Sekine, H., Mura, T.: General use of the Lagrange multiplier in nonlinear mathematical physics. In: Nemat-Naseer, S. (ed.) Variational Method in the Mechanics of Solids, pp. 156–162. Pergamon Press, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 26.Nabiei, M., Yousefi, S. A.: Newton type method for nonlinear Fredholm integral equations. arXiv preprint arXiv:1602.07446 (2016)
- 31.Tidke, H.L., Aage, C.T., Salunke, J.N.: Existence and uniqueness of continuous solution of mixed type integral equations in cone metric space. Kathmandu Univ. J. Sci. Eng. Technol. 7(1), 48–55 (2011)Google Scholar
- 32.Tricomi, F.G.: Integral Equations, vol. 5. Courier Corporation (1985)Google Scholar
- 33.Voitovich, N.N., Reshnyak, O.O.: Solutions of nonlinear integral equation of synthesis of the linear antenna arrays. BSUAE J. Appl. Electromagn. 2(2), 43–52 (1999)Google Scholar