Pole Placement Design Methodology of Back-EMF Adaptive Observer for Sensorless PMSM Drives
- 88 Downloads
This paper proposes a gain design methodology for adaptive observers applied to the estimation of rotor speed of permanent magnet synchronous machines (PMSM). First, a disturbance observer is used for estimation of the back-electromotive force (back-EMF) and avoid undesired nonlinearities in the adaptive observer design. The rotor speed is estimated by a back-EMF adaptive observer based on the PMSM linear model in stationary frame. Both feedback and adaptive gains are analyzed considering the full system in state space form. A pole placement technique is used to design the adaptive and feedback gains, and the mathematical behavior of the speed estimator is obtained. The desired pole locations of the observer are discussed aiming the implementation of a sensorless control scheme. Simulation and experimental results are presented to validate the proposed gain design method.
KeywordsPermanent magnet synchronous motor Adaptive observer Adaptive gain design Sensorless control
This study was financed in part by the Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior-Brasil (CAPES/PROEX)-Finance Code 001, Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq - Projeto 422026/2016-6), the Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do RS (FAPERGS), INCT-GD and by the Programa de Pós-Graduação em Engenharia Elétrica da Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (PPGEE–UFSM).
- Baratieri, C. L., & Pinheiro, H. (2014). Hybrid orientation for sensorless vector control of nonsinusoidal back-EMF PMSM. In IECON 2014 - 40th annual conference of the ieee industrial electronics society (pp. 621–627). https://doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2014.7048565.
- Bernardes, T., Montagner, V. F., Gründling, H. A., & Pinheiro, H. (2014). Discrete-time sliding mode observer for sensorless vector control of permanent magnet synchronous machine. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 61(4), 1679–1691. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2267700.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Koteich, M., Maloum, A., Duc, G., & Sandou, G. (2015). Permanent magnet synchronous drives observability analysis for motion-sensorless control. In 2015 IEEE symposium on sensorless control for electrical drives (SLED) (pp. 1–8). https://doi.org/10.1109/SLED.2015.7339264.
- Krishnan, R. (2009). Permanent magnet synchronous and brushless DC motor drives. Boca Raton: CRC Press.Google Scholar
- Kshirsagar, P., Burgos, R. P., Jang, J., Lidozzi, A., Wang, F., Boroyevich, D., et al. (2012). Implementation and sensorless vector-control design and tuning strategy for smpm machines in fan-type applications. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 48(6), 2402–2413. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2227135.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ogata, K. (2010). Modern control engineering. Instrumentation and controls series. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar