Distributed Fault Detection and Isolation of Actuator Faults in Multi-agent Systems with Complex-Weights Directed Communication Topology
In this paper, the problem of distributed fault detection and isolation (FDI) for multi-agent systems (MAS) with complex-weights directed communication topology in the presence of actuator faults is studied. It is assumed that each agent only has access to local state information of neighboring agents. The communication network is also assumed to be a weights directed graph (digraph) whose edges are attributed with complex weights. First, a novel representation of the complex-weighted graph is proposed. More specifically, the difficulty with complex coefficient in the problem of FDI for MASs with complex-weights directed communication topology is indeed resolved. Then, using the novel representation, a bank of observers is constructed to compute residual vectors with an aim of allowing the FDI of actuator fault to occur on any agent of the MASs. It is proved that the proposed FDI scheme is capable of FDI in the MASs with complex-weights directed communication topology. Finally, some numerical example results are provided to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed scheme.
KeywordsMulti-agent systems (MAS) Complex Laplacian Fault detection and isolation (FDI)
- Davoodi, M., Gallehdari, Z., Saboori, I., Rezaee, H., Semsar-Kazerooni, E., Meskin, N., et al. (2016a). An overview of cooperative and consensus control of multi-agent systems. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 1, 1–35.Google Scholar
- Ebrahimi Dehshalie, M., Menhaj, M. B., Ghasemi, A., & Karrari, M. (2018). Finite-time distributed global optimal control for linear time-varying multi-agent systems: A dynamic output-feedback perspective. IET Control Theory and Applications. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2017.0939.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Ercegovac, M. D., & Muller, J. M. (2007). Solving systems of linear equations in complex domain: Complex E-Method. LIP. Google Scholar
- Ghasemi, A., Askari, J., & Menhaj, M. B. (2017). Fault detection and isolation of multi-agent systems via complex Laplacian. AUT Journal of Modeling and Simulation, 49(1), 85–92.Google Scholar
- Li, Z., & Duan, Z. (2014). Cooperative control of multi agent systems a consensus region. Boca Raton: CRC Press.Google Scholar