The Three-Body Interaction Effect on the Families of 3D Periodic Orbits Associated to Sitnikov Motion in the Circular Restricted Three-Body Problem
- 29 Downloads
This paper deals with a modified version of the Circular Restricted Three-Body Problem (CR3BP). In this version, the additional effect of a three-body interaction is taken into account. In particular, we examine numerically the result of this interaction on the evolution of the well-known family of Sitnikov motion of CR3BP as well as that on the families of 3D periodic orbits bifurcating from this family.
KeywordsCircular restricted three-body problem Sitnikov motions Body interaction Three dimensional periodic orbits Bifurcation points Numerical continuation
The authors would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their helpful and constructive comments that led us to greatly improve the final version of the paper.
- 3.Bosanac, N.: Exploring the influence of a three-body interaction added to the gravitational potential function in the circular restricted three-body problem: a numerical frequency analysis. M.Sc. thesis, School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University, West Lafayette (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Bosanac, N., Howell, K.C., Fischbach, E.: Exploring the Impact of a Three-Body Interaction Added to the Gravitational Potential Function in the Restricted Three-Body Problem. In: 23Rd AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, pp. 13–490. AAS, Hawaii (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Bosanac, N., Howell, K.C., Fischbach, E.: A Natural Autonomous Force Added in the Restricted Problem and Explored via Stability Analysis and Discrete Variational Mechanics. In: 25Th AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, pp. 15–265. AAS, Williamsburg (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Bosanac, N.: Leveraging natural dynamical structures to explore multi-body systems. Ph.D Dissertation, Purdue University, West Lafayette (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Bosanac, N., Howell, K.C., Fischbach, E.: Leveraging Discrete Variational Mechanics to Explore the Effect of an Autonomous Three-Body Interaction Added to the Restricted Problem. Astrodynamics Network AstroNet-II. Springer (2016)Google Scholar
- 25.Ollé, M., Pacha, J.R.: The 3D elliptic restricted three-body problem: periodic orbits which bifurcate from limiting restricted problems. Astron. Astroph. 351, 1149–1164 (1999)Google Scholar
- 30.Poincaré, H.: Les Méthodes Nouvelles De La MéCanique CéLeste. 1, (1892); 2, (1893); 3 (1899); Gauthiers-Villars, ParisGoogle Scholar
- 36.Szebehely, V.: Theory of orbits: The restricted problem of three bodies. Academic Press, London (1967)Google Scholar