Cancer Drugs Fund 2.0: A Missed Opportunity?
- 704 Downloads
This work has no direct funding. Christopher McCabe is funded from the Capital Health Research Chair Endowment at the University of Alberta; Mike Paulden is funded by the Genome Canada and CIHR through the PACEOMICS research programme. (www.paceomics.org)
- 1.National Audit Office. Investigation into the Cancer Drugs Fund. 2015.Google Scholar
- 2.Dillon, A. NICE calls for a new approach to managing the entry of drugs into the NHS. Press Release.Google Scholar
- 3.NHS England, N. Consultation on proposals for a new cancer drugs fund (CDF) operating model from April 2016. 2015.Google Scholar
- 5.Pharmaceutical Management Agency. Your guide to PHARMAC: setting and managing the combined pharmaceutical budget (CPB). [Fact Sheet 8] p. 1–2. https://www.pharmac.govt.nz/assets/factsheet-08-combined-pharmaceutical-budget.pdf Accessed 18 March 2016.
- 8.Unknown. New 50 million pound cancer fund already intellectually bankrupt. Lancet (London, England) 2010;376:389.Google Scholar
- 10.Prassad, V. Preventing cancer is biologically challenging: Rebuttal to Heidi Williams and colleagues: why use of surrogates and patent incentives won’t improve early cancer or chemoprevention drug development. Vinnay Prassad Blog. 2016.Google Scholar
- 11.Fojo T, Mailankody S, Lo A. Unintended consequences of expensive cancer therapeutics—the pursuit of marginal indications and a me-too mentality that stifles innovation and creativity: the John Conley lecture. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2014;1225–1236. doi: 10.1001/jamaoto.2014.1570.
- 14.NICE. Consultation paper: value based assessment of health technologies. 2016.Google Scholar
- 15.Claxton K. et al. Methods for the estimation of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence cost-effectiveness threshold. Health Technol Assess (Winchester, England) 2015;19:1–503, v–vi.Google Scholar
- 16.NICE. Guide to the methods of technology appraisal 2013. NICE London 2013. https://www.nice.org.uk/article/pmg9/resources/non-guidance-guide-to-the-methods-of-technology-appraisal-2013-pdf. Accessed 18 March 2016.