Anlotinib: First Global Approval
- 92 Downloads
Jiangsu Chia-Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical and Advenchen Laboratories are co-developing anlotinib (Focus V®) for the treatment of advanced cancer. Anlotinib is an oral small molecule inhibitor of multiple receptor tyrosine kinases, with a broad spectrum of inhibitory effects on tumour angiogenesis and growth. Anlotinib is approved in China for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who have undergone progression or recurrence after ≥ 2 lines of systemic chemotherapy. Anlotinib is also undergoing phase II and/or III clinical development for various sarcomas and carcinomas in China, USA and Italy. This article summarizes the milestones in the development of anlotinib leading to this first approval for NSCLC.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The preparation of this review was not supported by any external funding.
Conflicts of interest
During the peer review process the manufacturer of the agent under review was offered an opportunity to comment on the article. Changes resulting from any comments received were made by the author on the basis of scientific completeness and accuracy. Yahiya Y. Syed is a salaried employee of Adis/Springer, is responsible for the article content and declares no relevant conflicts of interest.
- 4.Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical. Anlotinib hydrochloride capsules. 2018. https://www.cttq.com Accessed 29 May 2018.
- 5.Advenchen Laboratories. 2018. http://advenchen.com. Accessed 30 May 2018.
- 13.Li K, Wang J, Wang X, et al. Level of activated circulating endothelial cells to predict progression-free survival of anlotinib treatment in patients with NSCLC: analysis on ALTER-0303 study [abstract no. e20530]. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35(15 Suppl):e20530.Google Scholar
- 15.Zhou AP, Bai Y, Song Y, et al. Anlotinib in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) with a previous anti-VEGFR TKI: preliminary results from a multicenter, phase II trial [abstract no. e16082]. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34(15 Suppl):e16082.Google Scholar
- 16.Chi Y, Sun Y, Cai J, et al. Phase II study of anlotinib for treatment of advanced soft tissues sarcomas [abstract no. 11005]. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34(Suppl 15):11005.Google Scholar
- 17.Zhou AP, Ma J, Bai Y, et al. Anlotinib versus sunitinib as first line treatment for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC): preliminary results from a randomized phase II clinical trial [abstract no. 4565]. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34(15 Supplement):4565.Google Scholar
- 18.Sun Y, Chi Y, Tang P, et al. Phase II study of anlotinib for treatment of advanced medullary thyroid carcinoma [abstract no. 6015]. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34(15 Suppl):6015.Google Scholar