The Safety of Generic Prescription Drugs in the United States
- 216 Downloads
Compliance with Ethical Standards
No sources of funding were used to assist in the preparation of this commentary.
Conflicts of interest
Sonal Singh has no conflicts of interest relevant to the content of this commentary.
- 1.Caroll L. Alice in Wonderland. Project Gutenberg’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll [Internet]. 1865. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11/11-h/11-h.htm. Accessed 11 Dec 2017.
- 2.Association GP. Generic drugs savings in the US 2015 Seventh Annual Edition: http://www.gphaonline.org/media/wysiwyg/PDF/GPhA_Savings_Report_2015.pdf. Accessed 11 Dec 2017.
- 4.Katie T. Generic A.D.H.D drug, not equivalent to the brand, is in use anway. New York Times. 2015. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/business/generic-ritalin-drug-not-equivalent-to-the-brand-is-in-use-anyway.html. Accessed 11 Dec 2017.
- 5.Park-Wyllie L, van Stralen J, Castillon G, Sherman SE, Almagor D. Differences in adverse event reporting rates of therapeutic failure between two once-daily extended-release methylphenidate medications in Canada: analysis of spontaneous adverse event reporting databases. Clin Ther. 2017;39(10):2006–23.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.American Enterprise Institute. Dangerous drugs in your medicine cabinet? A whistleblower’s account of India’s troubling exports. 2013. http://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/-dangerous-drugs-transcript_091805504114.pdf. Accessed 11 Dec 2017.
- 8.Endrenyi L, Tothfalusi L. Do regulatory bioequivalence requirements adequately reflect the therapeutic equivalence of modified-release drug products? J Pharm Pharmaceut Sci Publ Can Soc Pharmaceut Sci Soc Can Des Sci Pharmaceut. 2010;13(1):107–13.Google Scholar
- 13.Institute of Safe Medicine Practices. A critique of a key drug safety reporting system. 2015. Updated January 28, 2015. https://www.ismp.org/newsletters/acutecare/showarticle.aspx?id=100. Accessed 11 Dec 2017
- 14.Cheng N, Rahman MM, Alatawi Y, Qian J, Peissig PL, Berg RL, et al. Mixed approach retrospective analyses of suicide and suicidal ideation for brand compared with generic central nervous system drugs. Drug Saf. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40264-017-0624-0 (Epub ahead of print).PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 16.FDA. FDA Adverse Events Reporting System (FAERS) Public Dashboard: FDA; 2017. https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Surveillance/AdverseDrugEffects/ucm070093.htm. Accessed 11 Dec 2017
- 23.Tang W, Chang H-Y, Zhou M, Singh S. Risk of major gastrointestinal bleeding among dabigatran users: a population-based, new-user, self-controlled study. J Patient-Cent Re Rev. 2017;4(3):181.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018