Effect of Preparation Method on the Structural Characteristics of NiO-ZrO2 Oxygen Carriers for Chemical-looping Combustion
- 18 Downloads
Chemical-looping combustion(CLC) offers an effective approach for power generation and CO2 capture. In this work, an NiO-ZrO2 oxygen carrier prepared by three methods was subjected to an optimal reaction temperature test, an optimal flow test and a cyclic redox reaction test to explore the most suitable reaction conditions. Through comparative analysis, it is noted that the coprecipitation method is not suitable for the preparation of this NiO-ZrO2 oxygen carrier, while the oxygen carrier prepared by the mechanical mixing method and solution combustion method obtained a higher CH4 conversion rate and CO2 selectivity. In addition, these two oxygen carriers also showed high stability during successive CLC testing. Therefore, both the mechanical mixing method and the solution combustion method can be used to prepare NiO-ZrO2 oxygen carriers.
KeywordsChemical-looping combustion NiO-ZrO2 oxygen carrier Solution combustion method Mechanical mixing method Coprecipitation method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- McKee B., Technology Status Report, International Energy Agency, Committee on Energy Research and Technology, Working Party on Fossil Fuels, 2002 Google Scholar
- Richter H. J., Knoche K. F., ACS Symposium Series, 1983, 71Google Scholar
- Yang J., Ma L. P., Tang J. X., Zhu B., Ma G. P., Modern Chemical Industry, 2016, 36(1), 25Google Scholar
- Rydén M., Cleverstam E., Johansson M., Lyngfelt A., Mattisson T., AIChE Journal, 2010, 56(8), 2211Google Scholar
- Yan Q., Zeng F., Li Y., Luo J., Petrochemical Technology, 2016, 45(3), 280Google Scholar