Synthesis of Poly(isosorbide carbonate) via Melt Polycondensation Catalyzed by a KF/MgO Catalyst
- 19 Downloads
MgO loaded with KF was prepared by using the impregnation method and was employed as the catalyst for the direct transesterification of diphenyl carbonate(DPC) with isosorbide to synthesize high-molecular-weight poly(isosorbide carbonate)(PIC). The relationship between physical-chemical properties and catalytic performance for KF/MgO in this melt process was investigated by various characterization techniques. The basic site amount and strength were found to be responsible for this transesterification process, and the medium and strong basic sites tended to promote the polycondensation reaction. 20-KF/MgO-500 exhibited the best catalytic performance, giving PIC with Mw of 84200 and glass transition temperature(Tg) of 173 °C under optimal conditions. Additionally, 20-KF/MgO-500 was found to catalyze the transerification of DPC with isosorbide and other diols to synthesize the corresponding poly(aliphatic diol-co-isosorbide carbonate)s(PAICs). This excellent activity can be ascribed to the presence of an abundance of basic sites and their specific basic strength on the surface of KF/MgO.
KeywordsKF/MgO Poly(isosorbide carbonate) Diphenyl carbonate Transesterification Solid base
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu Y. Z., Yao J. Y., Cao H., Leng B. X., Shao Z. Z., Chem. Res. Chinese Universites, 2012, 28(5), 921Google Scholar
- Bersot J. C., Jacquel D., Saint-Loup P., Macromol P., Chem. Phys., 2011, 212(19), 2114Google Scholar
- Kim H. J., Kang M. S., Knowles J. C., Gong M. S., J. Bio. Mater. Appl., 2014, 29(3), 454Google Scholar
- Wan T., Yu P., Gong S. K., Li Q., Luo Y. B., J. Chem. Eng., 2008, 25, 998Google Scholar
- Zhao H. M., Jiang M. J., Tian H. S., Acta Polymerica Sinica(in Chinese), 2011, (1), 192Google Scholar