Mechanical Properties of Silicon Carbon Black Filled Natural Rubber Elastomer
- 3 Downloads
A pyrolyzed ash containing about 50% carbon, named silicon carbon black(SiCB), was prepared by the anoxic pyrolysis of rice husk. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR), thermogravimetric analysis(TGA), Brunauer-Emmett-Teller(BET), transmission electron microscopy(TEM) and universal material testing machine were used to analyze the stress-strain relationship, Mullins effect and static viscoelastic properties of SiCB-filled vulcanized natural rubber(NR), and SiCB was compared with a commercially available semi-reinforcing furnace(SRF) carbon black. The results show that the vulcanized natural rubber filled with SiCB had similar reinforcing properties to those of that filled with traditional SRF, but obvious differences between them exist in stress -strain properties and stress softening resistance. We tried to discuss the related phenomena with the aid of the modified two-layer theory. And it is successfully predicted and verified that SiCB has good compression resistance and obvious stress relaxation advantages in compression stress relaxation.
KeywordsSilicon carbon black Natural rubber Stress-strain relationship Stress relaxation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authers thanked to PAN Chao and LYU Qiaochu( Changchun University of Technology) for their help in the early stage of the experiment.
- Patel M., Karera A., Prasanna P., Joural of Material Science, 1987, 22(7), 24574Google Scholar
- Uzunova S., Uzunov I., Vassilev S., Alexandrova A., Staykov S., Angelova D., Bul. Chemical Communication, 2010, 42(2), 130Google Scholar
- Pande A., Makarande S., International Journal of Engineering Research and Application, 2013, 3(1), 1718Google Scholar
- Xue B., Jiang Y. S., Yang D. F., Shi X. D., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2011, 32(7), 1617Google Scholar
- Hu X. L., Micro- and Macro-viscohyperelastic Behavior of Carbon Black Filled Rubber, Xiangtan University, Xiangtan, 2013Google Scholar
- Zhou Y., A Study About the Preparation and Performance of Silica Carbon Black/polymer Composite, Jilin University, Changchun, 2017Google Scholar
- Yuan X. H., Zhang Y. X., Zhang Y., Peng Z. L., Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2000, 34(11), 1516Google Scholar
- Wang H., Zhang J. P., Ma Y. S., Wang R. G., He A. H., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2017, 38(11), 2095Google Scholar
- Sperling L. H., Introduction to Physical Polymer Science, 4th Ed., Wiley-Interscience Press, New York, 2006, 427Google Scholar
- Tobolsky A. V., Prettyman L. B., Dillon J. H., Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 1994, 15(4), 380Google Scholar
- Zhou D. P., Technology on Adhesion & Sealing, 1997, 18(2), 1Google Scholar