Synthesis and characterization of BaTiO3/α-Fe2O3 core/shell structure
- 28 Downloads
Multiferroic materials attracted a lot of attention in recent years because of their significant scientific interest and technological applications. The multiferroic core/shell powders have a better connectivity between the phases, resulting in superior dielectric and magneto electric properties. In this study, the influence of preparation condition on structure and properties of BaTiO3/α-Fe2O3 core/shell composite materials was examined. The five samples were obtained by varying synthesis conditions, such as synthesized method (co-precipitation and sonochemical method) and pH values of solution. XRD and Raman spectroscopy analyses were performed in order to determine phase composition and structural changes within samples. Morphology modifications were examined by SEM and EDS analyses. Finally, effect of structural and microstructural changes on magnetic and electrical properties was detected and explained.
Keywordsceramics electronic materials magnetic materials Raman spectroscopy X-ray diffraction (XRD) ferroelectricity
This research was performed within the project No. 172057 financed by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia and NSF CREST (HRD-0833184), NASA (NNX09AV07A) and NSF-PREM1523617 awards.
- Ristanović Z, Kalezić-Glišović A, Mitrović N, et al. The influence of mechanical activation and thermal treatment on magnetic properties of the BaTiO3–FexOy powder mixture. Process Appl Ceram 2015, 47: 3–14.Google Scholar
- Surowiak Z, Bochenek D. Multiferroic materials for sensors, transducers and memory devices. Arch Acoust 2008, 33: 243–260.Google Scholar
- Singh S, Kumar N, Jha A, et al. Study of magnetic, dielectric and magnetodielectric properties of BaTiO3/Fe3O4 core/shell nanocomposite. J Mater Sci: Mater El 2015, 26: 32–36.Google Scholar
- Kelm K, Mader W. The symmetry of ordered cubic γ-Fe2O3 investigated by TEM. J Chem Sci 2006, 61: 665–671.Google Scholar
- Buscagila V, Buscagila MT. Core/shell heterostructures: from particles sznthesis to bulk dielectric, ferroelectric, and multiferroic composite materials. In Nanoscale Ferroelectrcs and Multiferroics. Alguero M, Gregg JM, Mitoseriu L, Eds. Wiley, 2016: 72–99.Google Scholar
- Chen MS, Shen ZX, Tang SH, et al. Stress effect on Raman spectra of Ce-doped BaTiO3 films. J Phys: Condens Matter 2000, 12: 7013–7023.Google Scholar
Open Access This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons licence, and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this article are included in the article’s Creative Commons licence, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the article’s Creative Commons licence and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.