Baratang Mud Volcano of Andaman and Nicobar Islands: An Overall Perspective
- 12 Downloads
Baratang mud volcano of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a noteworthy earthquake-triggered mud volcanic signature of India where only a few detailed works are done on microfossils and gas composition. This updated compilation and present-day detailing on Baratang may draw more attention of researchers to it resulting in important findings.
- 2.Shah AA (2013) Lusi mud volcano, Indonesia. Curr Sci 105:883–884Google Scholar
- 4.Poddar MC (1954) Mud volcanoes of South Baratang Island (Andaman Group). Indian Min 8:251–256Google Scholar
- 5.Banerjee A (1975) Mud volcanoes of the Andaman Islands. Indian J Earth Sci 2:11–17Google Scholar
- 6.Badve RM, Ghare MA, Rajshekhar C (1984) On the age of the ejected material from mud volcano of Baratang Island, Andaman. Curr Sci 53:814–816Google Scholar
- 7.Nagarajan B, George R, Kumar SS, Balan DJ, Shelke GR (2011) The bubbling Baratang mud volcano: a geological signature. Curr Sci 101:7–8Google Scholar