Nanostructured Features and Antimicrobial Properties of Fe3O4/ZnO Nanocomposites
- 53 Downloads
In the present work we used sol–gel method for the synthesis of the above nanocomposite because, in addition to cost savings and ease of use, it is environmentally desirable. In addition, nanostructured and antimicrobial properties of the present sample were examined using X-ray diffraction, field emission scanning electron microscope techniques and Kirby–Bauer antibacterial test. Results showed that the above sample, besides its crystal structure and spherical morphology, has antimicrobial properties that can be an appropriate option to be used in medical applications, including diagnosis and treatment.
KeywordsAntibacterial properties ZnO Fe3O4 Nanocomposite Sol–gel method
The authors are grateful for the financial support from Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) which was provided through the national project for studying on Nanostructured features and antimicrobial properties of Fe3O4/ZnO nanocomposites.
- 2.Krishnan R, Jayannavar AM (2004) Engines at molecular scales. Natl Acad Sci Lett (India) 27(9–10):301–314Google Scholar
- 3.Padmanaban G (2008) Genomic sciences and medical biotechnology. Natl Acad Sci Lett (India) 31(6):51–55Google Scholar
- 4.Saxena PN, Gupta S, Saxena N (2010) Toxic effects of cobalt chloride on hepatic marker enzymes in albino rat. Natl Acad Sci Lett (India) 33(7–8):259–262Google Scholar
- 7.Raffi M, Hussain F, Bhatti TM, Akhter JI, Hameed A, Hasan MM (2008) Antibacterial characterization of silver nanoparticles against E. coli ATCC-15224. J Mater Sci Technol 24(2):192–196Google Scholar
- 16.Zhao Y, Meng H, Chen Z, Zhao F, Chai ZF (2007) Dependence of nanotoxicity on nanoscale characteristics and strategies for reducing and eliminating nanotoxicity. Nanotoxicology 1:265–280Google Scholar