Model-based Design Space Exploration of the Vehicle Power Distribution System
- 65 Downloads
With the help of a Design Space Exploration, the influence of different freedoms in the design of the energy supply network can be easily and quickly evaluated in order to find promising design variants for future vehicles. The results show that a bus topology with one to four batteries, despite both higher weight and higher unit cost, can significantly reduce vehicle consumption and, associated therewith, total cost of ownership. The system optimization presented by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology thus provides an opportunity for a more efficient solution for the customer.
The energy supply network in the vehicle is facing major challenges today. While the development of autonomous driving functions requires a stable, fail-operational supply network, the growing number of electrical components has increased both the energy consumption and dynamics of the load curve. This made safe supply more difficult. Furthermore, in order to be able to comply with the European...
- Kang, E.; Jackson, E.; Schulte, W.: An Approach for Effective Design Space Exploration. In: FOCS’10 Proceedings of the 16th Monterey conference on Foundations of computer software: modelling, development, and verification of adaptive systems. Edited by Radu Calinescu and Ethan Jackson. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer 2010, p. 33–54Google Scholar
- Braun, L.; Kruppok, K.; Sax, E.: Design space exploration for the model-based design of power distribution system in vehicles. In 18. Internationales Stuttgarter Symposium, Wiesbaden: Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden, 2018Google Scholar
- Borgeest, K.: Elektronik in der Fahrzeugtechnik: Hardware, Software, Systeme und Projektmanagement. Issue 3, ATZ/MTZ-Fachbuch. Wiesbaden: Springer Vieweg, 2014Google Scholar
- Reif, K.: Automobilelektronik: Eine Einführung für Ingenieure. Issue 5, ATZ/MTZ-Fachbuch. Wiesbaden: Springer Vieweg, 2014Google Scholar
- ISO: Road vehicles -60V and 600 V single core cables, 2011Google Scholar
- Braun, L.: Modellbasierte Design-Space-Exploration nicht-funktionaler Auslegungskriterien des Fahrzeugenergiebordnetzes. Karlsruhe, KIT, dissertation, 2018Google Scholar
- Chen, M.; Rincón-Mora, G.: Accurate Electrical Battery Model Capable of Predicting Runtime and I–V Performance. In: IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2006, p. 504–511Google Scholar