Measurement and Interpretation of the Transfer Path of an Acoustic Phenomenon in the Drivetrain of an Electric Vehicle
- 68 Downloads
The acoustic quality of a product is an important factor regarding the purchase decision. Due to the growing market share of electric and hybrid vehicles, the electric drive train as a source of noise is becoming more important. In this contribution the measurement and interpretation of these noises are focused. The contribution is based on a cooperation of the IPEK (Institute of Product Engineering at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and the Daimler AG within the Promotionskolleg edrive.
The driving comfort is a factor of importance for buying decisions. Especially for electric vehicles the acoustic quality is an elementary distinguishing feature, since the masking of an internal combustion engine (ICE) is no longer present . Opposing the importance of the acoustic quality is the lack of knowledge of how to measure, interpret and rate the high frequency noise generated by an electric powertrain .
In ➊the contribution of the sound sources depending on the...
The measurements, which this contribution is based on, were performed within the Promotionskolleg edrive financed by the state Baden-Württemberg and the Daimler AG on an anechoic powertrain test bench of the Daimler AG. Particular acknowledgments are due to all persons, who supported and consulted thus enabling the success of the measurements.
- Küppers, T.; Mayer, G.; Lieske, D.: Noise characteristics of electric vehicles: causes and design options. 10th Symposium: Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, Braunschweig, 2013Google Scholar
- Albers, A.; Behrendt, M.; Fischer, J.; Hessenauer, B.: Methoden zur Ermittlung und frühzeitiger Berücksichtigung von NVH-Aspekten in der Produktentwicklung von modernen Antriebssystemen. Fahrzeugakustik — Aktuelle Entwicklungen in der NVH-Berechnung, Essen, 2013Google Scholar
- Rojas, S.; Perez, M.; Rodriguez, J.; Zelaya, H.: Torque ripple modeling of a permanent magnet synchronous motor. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, Viña del Mar - Valparaiso, 2010Google Scholar
- Lieske, D.: Akustik von Hybrid- und Elektrofahrzeugen. Technische Akademie Esslingen, 2012Google Scholar
- Albers, A.; Fischer, J.; Behrendt, M.; Lieske, D.: Method for measuring and interpreting the transfer path of acoustic phenomena in the drivetrain of a battery electric vehicle. VDI-Berichte 2187, 2013Google Scholar
- Albers, A.; Behrendt, M.; Ott, S.: Validation — Central Activity to Ensure Individual Mobility. FISITA 2010, Budapest, 2010Google Scholar