Cu complex grafted on the porous materials: synthesis, characterization and comparison of their antibacterial activity with nano-Cu/NaY zeolite
- 17 Downloads
In this work, the copper complex is introduced to porous materials, MCM-41 and NaY zeolite, by two ways. In the first way, nano-copper was incorporated into NaY zeolite (NaY/nano-Cu), and in the second way, alkylaminopyridine/Cu complex grafted on MCM-41 and HY zeolite pores (Z-HY@Pr-Py, Z-HY@Pr-Py/Cu). The prepared composites have been characterized by several techniques: scanning electron microscopy, energy-dispersive X-ray analysis chemical analysis, diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, powder X-ray diffraction analysis and thermogravimetric analysis. The results have been shown that the Cu complex and nano-copper ions were supported successfully on porous materials. The synthesized samples were investigated in vitro for antibacterial activity against Gram-positive (B. subtilis and S. aureus) and Gram-negative (E. coli and P. aeruginosa) bacteria and compared with standard drugs. The results show that introducing nano-copper or anchoring the Cu complex to porous materials has affected the inhibition of bacterial growth. Also, there is no significant releasing of copper ions from alkylaminopyridine/Cu complex which was grafted on porous materials in comparison with NaY/nano-Cu until 24 h.
KeywordsAlkylaminopyridine/Cu complex Porous materials Nano-copper Antibacterial agent Release of nanoparticles
Thanks to the Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative and the Research Council of Arak University and Center of Excellence in the Chemistry Department of Arak University for supporting this work.
- 25.R.M. Barrer, Hydrothermal chemistry of zeolite (Academic Press, New York, 1982)Google Scholar
- 36.K. Li, J. Valla, J. Garcia-Martinez, Chem. Cat. Chem. 6, 46–66 (2014)Google Scholar
- 46.M. Zendehdel, A. Mobinikhaledi, Z. Mortezaei, J. Iran. Chem. Soc. 2, 283–292 (2014)Google Scholar
- 51.G. Droval, I. Aranberri, L. German, E. Ivanov, E. Dimitrova, R. Kotsilkova, M. Verelst, J. Dexpert-Ghys, J. Thermoplast. Compos. 5, 1–18 (2012)Google Scholar
- 56.N. Farrell, Coord. Chem. Rev. 252, 1–31 (2007)Google Scholar