Ultrasensitive quantification of paraquat using a newly developed sensor based on silver nanoparticle-decorated carbon nanotubes
- 6 Downloads
Present work introduces a novel electrochemical sensor that developed based on glassy carbon electrode modified by Nafion coating on the multiwall carbon nanotubes decorated with the electrochemically deposited silver nanoparticles, N/AgNP/MWCNT/GCE. Application of the metal nanoparticles and Nafion in the modification of the MWCNTs casted on the GCE surface significantly enhanced the sensitivity and stability of the GCE response toward paraquat (PQ) and omitted or reduced the potential effects of the interferences on the PQ quantification. The proposed procedure showed a wide linear quantification range of 0.1–10 µM with a high sensitivity of 5.47 µA/µM and a very low detection limit of 68 nM. This sensor was employed for PQ determination in real samples with good recovery outcomes. N/AgNP/MWCNT/GCE showed good anti-interfering effect toward the component of the orange juice revealing its applicability for real sample analysis.
KeywordsParaquat Carbon nanotubes Glassy carbon electrode Composite Determination Silver
The authors wish to express their gratitude to the Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences Research Council and Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University for the financial support of this work.
- 1.Centers for disease control and prevention, Facts About Paraquat. (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2013), https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/paraquat/basics/facts.asp. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- 2.USEPA, 2018 Edition of the Drinking Water Standards and Health Advisories Tables, 2018), https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2018-03/documents/dwtable2018.pdf. Accessed 1 Nov 2018
- 7.A. Farahi, M. Achak, L. El Gaini, M.A. El Mhammedi, M. Bakasse, J. Assoc. Arab Univer. Basic Appl. Sci. 19, 37–43 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.Y.B. Mollamahale, M. Ghorbani, A. Dolati, M. Ghalkhani, Surf. aInterf. 10, 27–31 (2018)Google Scholar
- 39.G. Kenne Dedzo, C. Péguy, E. Nanseu-Njiki, Ngameni, Talanta 99, 478–486 (2012)Google Scholar