Green approach to synthesis of new series of 6,8a-dihydropyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine derivatives
- 13 Downloads
One-pot, three-component condensation reaction between (phenylsulfonyl)acetonitrile, aromatic aldehydes, and 6-aminouracil for preparation of 6,8a-dihydropyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine derivatives has been reported. The method involves domino Knoevenagel condensation/Michael addition, and cyclization cascade. The reaction was performed in glycerol which is commercially available, inexpensive and non-toxic compound. High purity of the products, very high yields and wide scope of substrates are advantages of this protocol.
Keywords6,8a-dihydropyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine (Phenylsulfonyl)acetonitrile Glycerol Green chemistry Multi-component reactions
We gratefully appreciate the University of Sistan and Baluchestan Research Councils for the financial support of this work.
- 6.D.J. Berry, Ch.V. Digiovanna, S.S. Metrick, R. Murugan, Arkivoc., 201–226 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.S. Heck, A. Domling, Synlett. 3, 424–426 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.P.T. Anastas, J.C. Warner, Green chemistry: theory and practice (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1998)Google Scholar
- 14.M. Lancaster, Green Chemistry: an introductory text, 2nd edn. (RSC Publishing, Cambridge, 2010)Google Scholar
- 15.W.M. Nelson, Green solvents for chemistry: perspectives and practice (Oxford University Press, New York, 2003)Google Scholar
- 17.F.M. Kerton, Alternative solvents for green chemistry (RSC Publishing, Cambridge, 2009)Google Scholar