Cavernous sinus thrombosis in a patient with nephrotic syndrome
- 131 Downloads
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All the authors have declared no competing interest.
Human and animal rights statement
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
- 2.Radhakrishnan J. Renal vein thrombosis and hypercoagulable state in nephrotic syndrome. In: Post TW, editors. UpToDate. Waltham; 2017. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/renal-vein-thrombosis-and-hypercoagulable-state-in-nephrotic-syndrome. Accessed Dec 2016.
- 5.Bauer KA. Overview of the causes of venous thrombosis. In: Post TW, editor. UpToDate. Waltham; 2017. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/overview-of-the-causes-of-venous-thrombosis. Accessed Dec 2016.
- 6.Ghedura Besbes L. Cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in a child with idiopathic nephrotic syndrome. Case Rep Nephrol. 2011;2011:724950.Google Scholar
- 9.Ferro JM, Canhão P. Etiology, clinical features, and diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis. In: Post TW, editor. UpToDate. Waltham; 2017. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/etiology-clinical-features-and-diagnosis-of-cerebral-venous-thrombosis. Accessed Dec 2016.
- 12.Thanu S, Unni VN, Anil M, Rajesh R, George K. Cerebral venous thrombosis in nephrotic syndrome. Amrita J Med. 2014;10(2):1–44.Google Scholar
- 17.Pérez-Vázquez M, Cabiedes J, Cabral A, Alarcón-Segovia D. Decrease in serum antiphospholipid antibody levels upon development of nephrotic syndrome in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: relationship to urinary loss of IgG and other factors. Am J Med. 1992;92(4):357–62.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 18.Ruiz-Irastorza G, Cuadrado MJ, Ruiz-Arruza I, et al. Evidence-based recommendations for the prevention and long-term management of thrombosis in antiphospholipid antibody-positive patients: report of a task force at the 13th International Congress on antiphospholipid antibodies. Lupus. 2011;20:206.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
© Japanese Society of Nephrology 2017