Synthesis of Sr(1-x-y)Al4O7:Eux 2+,Lny 3+ (Ln = Dy, Y, Pr) nanophosphors using rapid gel combustion process and their down conversion characteristics
- 83 Downloads
Eu2+ and Eu2++Ln3+ doped SrAl4O7 nanophosphors were synthesized by rapid gel combustion process. The morphology of prepared phosphors was examined with scanning and transmission electron microscopy. The phase identification and the crystal structures of nanophosphors were studied using X-ray powder diffraction techniques. Luminescence characteristics of the prepared nanophosphors were analyzed on account of excitation, emission and phosphorescence decay analysis. The emission spectra demonstrated the broad green emission attributed to 4f65d1→ 4f7 transition of the Eu2+ ions. The effect of codoping of some trivalent lanthanide (Dy3+, Pr3+ and Y3+) ions were investigated for improving the emission intensity and phosphorescence decay time of the basic lattice of SrAl4O7:Eu2+ phosphors. The synthesized materials had enhanced bright luminescent properties that could suitably be applied for display as well as photovoltaic applications.
Keywordsluminescence SrAl4O7:Eu2+ trivalent lanthanides codopants nanophosphor XRD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Zhang, C. Zhao, and D. Chen, J. Bio. Chem. Lumin. 25, 25 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.S. H. Choi, N. H. Kim, Y. H. Yun, and S. C. Choi, J. Ceram. Process. Res. 7, 62 (2006).Google Scholar
- 28.K. D. Giras, J. Nano-Electron. Phys. 5, 03013 (2013).Google Scholar
- 32.S. M. Lee, T. Ito, and H. Murakami, Proc. Annual Autumn Conference on the Korea Institute of Electrical and Electronic Material Engineers, p. 705, Seoul, Republic of Korea (2003).Google Scholar
- 37.T. L. Cottrell, The Strengths of Chemical Bonds, Butterworth, London, UK (1958).Google Scholar
- 42.B. Liu, Y. Wang, J. Zhou, F. Zhang, and Z. Wang, J. Appl. Phys. 106, 053102-1 (2009).Google Scholar