Experimental Study on the Expansion of a New Cement-Based Borehole Sealing Material Using Different Additives and Varied Water–Cement Ratios
- 25 Downloads
To investigate the effects of its composition and water–cement ratio on the expansion properties of a new sealing material, the factors which influence the expansion properties were identified. Subsequently, single-factor experiments were conducted to explore the effects of water–cement ratio and specific additives in a cement-based sealant on the expansion capability of the sealing material. Additionally, according to Box–Behnken experimental design principles, the rank of the important expansion factors were identified using response surface methodology. Finally, the optimal experimental conditions were obtained. The results show that the influencing factors, sorted by significance, are aluminum content (mixed with an equal amount of CaO) > water–cement ratio > gypsum content. The best mix for the sealant could be obtained with cement plus 0.56% aluminum (mixed with an equal amount of CaO) and 2% gypsum in slurry with a water–cement ratio of 0.6.
KeywordsNew sealing material Key influencing factors Expansion percentage Response surface methodology Experimental study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Financial support for this work was provided by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51504189 and 51874233). We thank David Frishman, Ph.D., from Liwen Bianji, Edanz Group China (www.liwenbianji.cn/ac), for editing the English text of a draft of this manuscript.
- 4.Koenders, E.A.B.; Hansen, W.; Ukrainczyk, N.; Toledo Filho, R.D.: Modeling pore continuity and durability of cementitious sealing material. J. Energy Resour. Technol. 136136(4), 042906 (2014)Google Scholar
- 23.Zhou, Z.; Zeng, M.: Comparison and analysis of testing methods for plastic swelling rate of cement based grouting materials. New Build. Mater. 38, 59–60 (2011)Google Scholar
- 24.Xuan, W.; Wang, T.: Effect of delayed expansion agent on properties of cement-based sealing materials. J. Saf. Sci. Technol. 11(6), 115–119 (2015)Google Scholar
- 25.Fu, Q.; Keren, Z.; You, J.; Xiling, Z.; Fengliang, C.: Effect of content of aluminum powder on pore morphology of cement and emulsified-asphalt binders. J. Chin. Ceram. Soc. 42(10), 1260–1265(6) (2014)Google Scholar
- 26.Wang, Z.; Chen, X.; You, B.: Expansion and application principle of static crushing agent. Expans. Agents Expans. Concr. 9(4), 3–4 (2017)Google Scholar