A Secure and Efficient TMIS-Based Authentication Scheme Improved Against Zhang et al.’s Scheme
- 31 Downloads
The telecare medicine information systems (TMIS) architecture is exceedingly paving the ways for convenient dispensing of patient-oriented healthcare services at remote distances. At the same time, with the growing convenience in healthcare delivery, the privacy for service seekers cannot be overlooked. Different authentication protocols have been presented in the last few years; nonetheless the recent attacks or identified limitations on those protocols make them ineffective for practical implementation. Lately, Zhang et al. proposed an anonymous TMIS-based authentication scheme. Nonetheless, Zhang et al.’s protocol has been found vulnerable to password guessing, biometric parameter extraction, and server spoofing threat. We have designed an enhanced model countering the identified threats and drawbacks of contemporary TMIS-based schemes. Our proposed scheme includes the proven security features under formal analysis with BAN logic which makes certain the resilience of the contributed scheme.
KeywordsRemote internet authentication Telecare medical information system Anonymity Authentication Patient health care
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This project was funded by the Deanship of Scientific Research (DSR), King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, under grant no. (G-14-611-39). The authors, therefore, acknowledge with thanks DSR technical and financial support.
- 8.Irshad, A.; Sher, M.; Nawaz, O.; Chaudhry, S.A.; Khan, I.; Kumari, S.; : A secure and provable multi-server authenticated key agreement for TMIS based on Amin,; et al.: scheme. Multimed. Tools Appl. 76(15), 16463–16489 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, T.F.; Liu, C.M.: A secure smart-card based authentication and key agreement scheme for telecare medicine information systems. J. Med. Syst. 37(3), 1–11 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Wen, F.T.; Guo, L.D.: An improved anonymous authentication scheme for telecare medical information systems. J. Med. Syst. 38(5), 1–8 (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Arshad, H.; Nikooghadam, M.: Three-factor anonymous authentication and key agreement scheme for telecare medicine information systems. J. Med. Syst. 38(3), 1–9 (2014)Google Scholar
- 22.Sarvabhatla, M.; Giri, M.; Vorugunti, C.S.: Cryptanalysis of cryptanalysis and improvement of Yan et al. biometric- based authentication scheme for TMIS, CoRR (2014). arXiv:1406.3943.
- 46.Blanchet, B.; Cheval, V.; Allamigeon, X.; Smyth, B.: ProVerif: cryptographic protocol verifier in the formal model. http://prosecco.gforge.inria.fr/personal/bblanche/prover/. Accessed 10 Mar 2018