Image Based Steganography to Facilitate Improving Counting-Based Secret Sharing
- 51 Downloads
The secret sharing scheme is a security tool that provides reliability and robustness for multi-user authentication systems. This work focuses on improving the security and efficiency of counting-based secret sharing by remodeling its phases. The research presents refining the shares generation phase as well as proposing different secret reconstruction models based on new shares distribution method. This work addressed solving published defects in the original counting-based secret sharing scheme providing optimized efficient methodology. The research further proposed utilizing steganography for practicality purposes. We adopted image-based steganography to hide generated shares preserving the improved security of the scheme enhancing the humanized remembrance usability. The study compared several applicable steganography methods for hiding shares analyzing their distortion, security, and capacity. This facilitating work of image-based steganography with the improved counting-based secret sharing is showing promising results opening research direction for future attractive contributions to follow-on.
KeywordsCounting-based secret sharing Image steganography Shares distribution Secret reconstruction Key management Key distribution Information security
Thanks to Umm Al-Qura University (UQU), Makkah, Saudi Arabia, for supporting this research.
- 2.Gutub, A., & Khan, E. (2011). Using subthreshold SRAM to design low-power crypto hardware. International Journal of New Computer Architectures and their Applications, 1, 10.Google Scholar
- 3.Al-Ghamdi, M., Al-Ghamdi, M., & Gutub, A. (2018). Security enhancement of shares generation process for multimedia counting-based secret-sharing technique. Multimedia Tools and Applications. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-6977-2.
- 5.Blakley, G. R. (1979). Safeguarding cryptographic keys. Presented at the proceedings of 1979 AFIPS National computer conference (p. 6).Google Scholar
- 7.Alanizy, N., Alanizy, A., Baghoza, N., Al Ghamdi, M., & Gutub, A. (2018). 3-Layer PC text security via combining compression, AES cryptography 2LSB image steganography. Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JREAS), 3(4), 118–124.Google Scholar
- 8.Gutub, A., Al-Alwani, W., & Mahfoodh, A. B. (2010). Improved method of arabic text steganography using the extension ‘Kashida’ character. Bahria University Journal of Information & Communication Technology (BUJICT), 3(1), 68–72.Google Scholar
- 10.Hussain, M., Wahab, A. W. A., Idris, Y. I. B., Ho, A. T. S., & Jung, K.-H. (2018). Image steganography in spatial domain: A survey. Signal Processing: Image Communication, 65, 46–66.Google Scholar
- 11.Gutub, A., Ankeer, M., Abu-Ghalioun, M., Shaheen, A., & Alvi, A. (2008). Pixel indicator high capacity technique for RGB image based steganography. In WOSPA 2008—5th IEEE international workshop on signal processing and its applications, University of Sharjah, UAE.Google Scholar
- 12.Alaseri, K., & Gutub, A. (2018). Merging secret sharing within arabic text steganography for practical retrieval. IJRDO: Journal of Computer Science Engineering, 4(9), 1–17.Google Scholar
- 13.Gutub, A. (2010). Pixel indicator technique for RGB image steganography. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence, 2(1), 56–64.Google Scholar
- 14.Gutub, A., Al-Qahtani, A., & Tabakh, A. (2009). Triple-A: secure RGB image steganography based on randomization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/ACS international conference on computer systems and applications, Rabat.Google Scholar
- 15.Khan, F., & Gutub, A. (2007). Message concealment techniques using image based steganography. In The 4th IEEE GCC conference and exhibition, Manamah, Bahrain (pp. 11–14).Google Scholar
- 16.Al-Juaid, N., Gutub, A., & Khan, E. (2018). Enhancing PC data security via combining RSA cryptography and video based steganography. Journal of Information Security and Cybercrimes Research (JISCR), 1(1), 8–18.Google Scholar
- 18.Parvez, M. T., & Gutub, A. (2011). Vibrant color image steganography using channel differences and secret data distribution. Kuwait Journal of Science and Engineering (KJSE), 38(1B), 127–142.Google Scholar
- 19.Parvez, M. T., & Gutub, A. (2008). RGB intensity based variable-bits image steganography. In APSCC 2008—Proceedings of 3rd IEEE Asia-Pacific services computing conference, Yilan, Taiwan (pp. 9–12).Google Scholar
- 20.Abu-Marie, W., Gutub, A., & Abu-Mansour, H. (2010). Image based steganography using truth table based and determinate array on RGB indicator. International Journal of Signal and Image Processing, 1, 196–204.Google Scholar
- 21.Gutub, A., El-Shafei, A. R., & Aabed, A. (2011). Implementation of a pipelined modular multiplier architecture for GF(P) elliptic curve cryptography computation. Kuwait Journal of Science and Engineering, 38(2B), 125–153.Google Scholar
- 27.Almazrooie, M., Samsudin, A., Gutub, A., Salleh, M. S., Omar, M. A., & Hassan, S. A. (2018). Integrity verification for digital Holy Quran verses using cryptographic hash function and compression. Journal of King Saud University: Computer and Information Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2018.02.006.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 34.Das, S. K., & Dhara, B. C. (2015). A new secret image sharing with arithmetic coding. In 2015 IEEE international conference on research in computational intelligence and communication networks (ICRCICN), Kolkata (pp. 395–399). https://doi.org/10.1109/icrcicn.2015.7434271.
- 36.Lashkari, A. H., Manaf, A. A., Masrom, M., Daud, S. M. (2011). A survey on image steganography algorithms and evaluation. In Communications in computer and information science book series (Vol. 188).Google Scholar
- 39.Alsaidi, A., Al-lehaibi, K., Alzahrani, H., AlGhamdi, M., & Gutub, A. (2018). Compression multi-level crypto stego security of texts utilizing colored email forwarding. Journal of Computer Science & Computational Mathematics (JCSCM), 8(3), 33–42. https://doi.org/10.20967/jcscm.2018.03.002.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.Gutub, A., & Fattani, M. (2007). A novel arabic text steganography method using letter points and extensions. In WASET international conference on computer, information and systems science and engineering (ICCISSE), Vienna, Austria, May 25–27, 2007.Google Scholar