Influence of Column Supports on Seismic Performance of K8 Single-Layer Spherical Reticulated Domes with Friction Pendulum Bearings
- 15 Downloads
The friction pendulum bearing (FPB) has been proved to be good isolation equipment, and the friction pendulum bearings were applied to K8 single-layer reticulated domes which span was 80 m. By using the vibration reduction analysis method based on the refine element models of FPBs, the seismic performance of the single-layer spherical reticulated domes with FPBs was studied and the influence of the column height and radius of section was discussed on the seismic performance of structures under the horizontal earthquakes. The results indicate that, with the increasing of height and radius of section of the supporting column, the vibration reduction effect of column supporting K8 single-layer reticulated domes with FPBs is enhanced first and then weakened. Under the horizontal earthquakes, the resonance phenomenon of K8 single-layer reticulated domes with column supports could be effectively avoided by the use of FPBs. For the cylindrical column supporting K8 single-layer reticulated domes with FPBs, compared with the corresponding hinge support structure, the vibration reduction effect of column support structure with FPBs which column height is 8 m is better when the column section radius is 0.50 m. However, the optimal column section radii are between 0.60 and 0.70 m when the column height is 10 m.
KeywordsSingle-layer reticulated dome Friction pendulum bearing (FPB) Column height Column section radius Seismic performance
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11602061), the first class discipline construction project in Civil Engineering (QYNYL0013), the Science and Technology Planning Project of Guizhou Province (Grant Nos. 1033, LH7238 and 2816) and the Cultivating Project of Guizhou University (Grant No. 5788-48).
- Earthquake Protection Systems (EPS). (2017). Technical characteristics of friction pendulum bearings. http://www.earthquakeprotection.com/TechnicalCharacteristicsofFPBearngs.pdf. Retrieved June 15.
- GB 50011. (2010). Code for seismic design of buildings. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- JGJ 7. (2010). Technical specification for space frame structures. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kong, D. W., Fan, F., Zhi, X. D., & Sun, M. H. (2014b). Research of seismic performance for K8 single-layer reticulated shells with FPB under the multi-dimensional ground motions. Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Dynamic, 34(4), 195–200. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kong, D. W., Fan, F., Zhi, X. D., & Sun, M. H. (2014c). Influence of FPB on seismic performance of single-layer reticulated domes under vertical earthquakes. China Civil Engineering Journal, 47(S2), 181–185. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zayas, V. A., Low, S. S., & Mahin, S. A. (1987). The FPS earthquake resisting system. Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Berkeley, CA, Report No. 87-01.Google Scholar