Seismic Behavior Investigation on Blind Bolted CFST Frames with Precast SCWPs
- 54 Downloads
To explore seismic behavior of blind bolted concrete-filled steel tube (CFST) frames infilled with precast sandwich composite wall panels (SCWPs), a series tests of blind bolted square CFST frames with precast SCWPs under lateral low-cyclic loading were conducted. The influence of the type of wall concrete, wall-to-frame connection and steel brace setting, etc. on the hysteretic curves and failure modes of the type of composite structure was investigated. The seismic behavior of the blind bolted CFST frames with precast SCWPs was evaluated in terms of lateral load–displacement relation curves, strength and stiffness degradation, crack patterns of SCWPs, energy dissipation capacity and ductility. Then, a finite element (FE) analysis modeling using ABAQUS software was developed in considering the nonlinear material properties and complex components interaction. Comparison indicated that the FE analytical results coincided well with the test results. Both the experimental and numerical results indicated that setting the external precast SCWPs could heighten the load carrying capacities and rigidities of the blind bolted CFST frames by using reasonable connectors between frame and SCWPs. These experimental studies and FE analysis would enable improvement in the practical design of the SCWPs in fabricated CFST structure buildings.
KeywordsCFST frame Seismic behavior Sandwich composite wall panels (SCWPs) Blind bolt Finite element (FE) analysis
This work described in paper is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Projects 51478158 and 51178156) and the New Century Excellent Talents in University (Project NCET-12-0838) which is greatly appreciated. The authors would also like to acknowledge the assistance of Dr. Jiaxin Wang and Xuebei Pan of Hefei University of Technology.
- ATC63. (2009). Quantification of building seismic performance factors. Washington: Applied Technology Council (ATC), Federal Emergency Management Agency.Google Scholar
- GB50010-2010. (2010). Code for design of concrete structures. Beijing: Architecture Industrial Press of China. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- GB50011-2010. (2010). Code for seismic design of buildings. Beijing: Architecture Industrial Press of China. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- GB50017-2010. (2010). Code for design of steel structures. Beijing: China Plan Press. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- JGJ101-2015. (2015). Specification for seismic test of buildings. Beijing: Architecture Industrial Press of China. (in Chinese).Google Scholar