An experimental study on bending performance of Hybrid forming composite beam
- 63 Downloads
The new shape of Hybrid forming beam is a beam that two Z-shaped side plates and bottom plate are connected by high-strength bolt. By adjusting the height of Z-shaped side plate, it can be designed for required resistance and by adjusting the thickness of bottom plate and applying high-strength steel to it, nominal bending moment can be increased. In addition, if concrete is filled inside of the beam during the slab concrete installation process, it becomes the Hybrid forming composite beam which usability and fire resistance are increased. This study suggests the new shape of the Hybrid forming composite beam that applied high-strength steel to the bottom plate and this study acquired the conclusion as the following by the bending test. First, if the existing evaluating formula which evaluates the resistance of the couple moment by the compressive resistance and tensile resistance is applied to evaluating bending resistance of the Hybrid forming composite beam, the ratio of maximum load for the nominal load is more than 1.2 times on average, matches well with the experiment result. Second, if the bending stiffness of the Hybrid forming composite beam is calculated as the effective bending stiffness based on concrete that subjected to compression and steel that subjected to tension, it confirmed to reflect the experimental result well.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AIK (2009). Standard of Architectural Structure and Commentary (KBC 2009), Kimundang, Korea.Google Scholar
- Ansourian P. (1982). “Plastic Rotation of Composite Beam, Journal of the structural Division.” ASCE, 108(3), pp. 643–659.Google Scholar
- JISF (1996). A Valuation Basis Proposal of Standard Test Method for a Seismic Capacity Evaluation. Performance of Steel Structure, Japan.Google Scholar
- Lee, D. H., Kim, K. S., Oh, J. Y., Lim, J. H., Choi, S. M., and Kim, J. H. (2010). “Experimental Study on Prestressed Composite Girder with Corrugated Webs.” Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 26(11), pp. 57–65Google Scholar
- Lee, E.T., Shim, H. J., Im, S. W., and Chang, I. H. (2005). “Performance Evaluation of SM570TMC Flexural Members.” Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 21(10), pp. 87–94.Google Scholar
- Yang, I. S. (2011). “Strength of Composite Beam using Shear Connectors Installed in Driving Pin under Vertical Loading.” Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 27(9), pp. 85–92.Google Scholar