Habitat as Architecture: Integrating Conservation Planning and Human Health
- 377 Downloads
KeywordsEcosystem Service Biodiversity Conservation Sensitive Species Habitat Conservation Land Trust
We thank the George B. Jr. and Helen C. Hartzog Institute for Parks at Clemson University for bringing the authors together. For thoughtful conversation and manuscript comments, we thank E. Dennis Baldwin, S. C. Trombulak, E. Fleischman, and two anonymous reviewers of a previous version.
- Crooks, K.R., and M. Sanjayan (eds.). 2006. Connectivity Conservation, 712. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Dubos, R. 1980. Wooing of the Earth. London: Athlone Press.Google Scholar
- Fletcher, R.J., B.A. Robertson, J. Evans, P.J. Doran, J.R.R. Alavalapati, and D.W. Schemske. 2010. Biodiversity conservation in the era of biofuels: risks and opportunities. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. doi: 10.1890/090091.
- Hartig, T., T. Bringslimark, and G.G. Patil. 2008. Restorative environmental design: what, when, where, and for whom? In Biophilic Design: The Theory, Science, and Practice of Bringing Buildings to Life, ed. S.R. Kellert, J.H. Heerwagen, and M.L. Mador, 133–152. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Kahn, P.H., and S.R. Kellert (eds.). 2002. Children and Nature: Psychological, Sociocultural, and Evolutionary Investigations, 348. Cambridge: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Kellert, S.R. 2005. Building for Life: Designing and Understanding the Human-Nature Connection, 250. Washington: Island Press.Google Scholar
- Kellert, S.R. 2008. Dimensions, elements, and attributes of biophilic design. In Biophilic Design: The Theory, Science, and Practice of Bringing Buildings to Life, ed. S.R. Kellert, J.H. Heerwagen, and M.L. Mador, 3–19. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Kellert, S.R., and E.O. Wilson. 1993. Biophilia Hypothesis, 496. Washington: Island Press.Google Scholar
- Kellert, S.R., J.H. Heerwagen, and M.L. Mador (eds.). 2008. Biophilic Design: The Theory Science, and Practice of Bringing Buildings to Life, 385. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Miller, J.R., and R.J. Hobbs. 2002 Conservation where people live and work. Conservation Biology 16:330-337.Google Scholar
- Moilanen, A., K.A. Wilson, and H.P. Possingham (eds.). 2009. Spatial Conservation Prioritization: Quantitative Methods and Computational Tools, 304. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Ray, J.C., K.H. Redford, R.S. Steneck, and J. Berger. 2005. Large Carnivores and the Conservation of Biodiversity, 526. Island Press: Washington.Google Scholar
- Rolston, H. 1989. Philosophy Gone Wild: Environmental Ethics, 269. New York: Prometheus Books.Google Scholar
- UNDSD. 2007. Indicators of Sustainable Development: Guidelines and Methodologies, 3rd ed, 93. New York: United Nations Division for Sustainable Development.Google Scholar
- WDPA. 2008. World Database on Protected Areas. http://www.wdpa.org/.