On the Core of Dynamic Cooperative Games
We consider dynamic cooperative games, where the worth of coalitions varies over time according to the history of allocations. When defining the core of a dynamic game, we allow the possibility for coalitions to deviate at any time and thereby to give rise to a new environment. A coalition that considers a deviation needs to take the consequences into account because from the deviation point on, the game is no longer played with the original set of players. The deviating coalition becomes the new grand coalition which, in turn, induces a new dynamic game. Each stage game of the new dynamic game depends on the previous allocation. We define and characterize a new solution concept, the intertemporal core.
KeywordsMarkovian dynamic game Intertemporal core
E. Lehrer acknowledges the support of the Israel Science Foundation, Grant #762/045. The work of N. Scarsini was partially supported by SRG ESD 2012 044. The authors thank Sandro Brusco, three referees, and the associate editor for helpful comments and relevant references.
- 1.Allouch N, Wooders M (2008) Price taking equilibrium in economies with multiple memberships in clubs and unbounded club sizes. J Econ Theory 140:246–278. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022053107001123 MathSciNetzbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Chander P, Wooders M (2010) Subgame perfect cooperation in an extensive game. Working Papers 1008, Department of Economics, Vanderbilt University. http://ideas.repec.org/p/van/wpaper/1008.html
- 7.Habis H, Herings PJ-J (2010) A note on the weak sequential core of dynamic TU games. Research Memoranda 022, Maastricht: METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization. http://econpapers.repec.org/RePEc:dgr:umamet:2010022
- 8.Hellman Z (2008) Bargaining set solution concepts in dynamic cooperative games. Technical report, Munich Personal RePEc Archive. http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/8798/
- 17.Lehrer E, Scarsini M (2012) On the core of dynamic cooperative games. arXiv:1203.2832