Preparation, Structure, and Properties of Sn-Functionalized Star-Shaped Styrene-Isoprene-Butadiene Copolymer
- 55 Downloads
A new kind of Sn-functionalized star-shaped styrene-isoprene-butadiene copolymer (Sn-SIBR) was synthesized using tin-containing organo-lithium (Sn-Li) as an initiator, tetrahydrofufury ethyl ether (ETE) and sodium dodecyl benzene sulfonate (SDBS) as polar modifiers by anionic polymerization. The kinetics of terpolymerization were studied, the microstructure, the glass transition temperature (Tg), and molecular structure of Sn-SIBR were characterized by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and gel permeation chromatography (GPC), respectively. The polymerization rate of the monomers and NMR results show that random Sn-SIBR are being produced in the presence of ETE and SDBS. NMR results also show that the mass fraction of Total1,2 (the sum of Bd1,2 and Ip1,2) unit and Ip3,4 unit and the Tg of copolymers increase with the increase of ETE dosage or the decrease of polymerization temperature. However, the effects of SDBS dosage on them are not obvious. Mechanical and dynamic properties indicate that Sn-SIBR has a low rolling resistance and excellent wet skid resistance as well as good mechanical properties, and could satisfy the requirements of the rubber for high performance tire tread.
Keywordstin-containing organo-lithium styrene-isoprene-butadiene copolymer microstructure glass transition temperature tetrahydrofufury ethyl ether sodium dodecyl benzene sulfonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).J. H. Ma, L. Q. Zhang, and Y. P. Wu, Polym. Bull., 22, 380 (2014).Google Scholar
- (3).S. Zhang, S. H. Zhao, X. Y. Zhang, L. Q. Zhang, and Y. P. Wu, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 131, 596 (2014).Google Scholar
- (5).Y. P. Wu, J. L. Li, H. D. Zhou, and J. M. Chen, Mater. Prot., 49, 56 (2016).Google Scholar
- (9).Q. Z. Liu, H. G. Zhao, H. H. Hu, G. B. Gong, and F. H. Li, China Synth. Rubber Ind., 37, 144 (2014).Google Scholar
- (10).Z. Z. Tian, G. B. Gong, J. Dong, H. Q. Zhang, T. J. Song, and H. P. Tao, Contemp. Chem. Ind., 44, 2638 (2015).Google Scholar
- (13).K. H. Nordsiek, Kautsch. Gummi Kunstst., 38, 178 (1985).Google Scholar
- (14).M. Y. Liao, Y. Gao, M. H. Jin, W. S. Lv, F. Tai, C. Q. Li, H. B. Li, and A. M. Liang, China Elastomerics, 22, 1 (2012).Google Scholar
- (16).H. H. Liu, S. H. Zhao, and X. Y. Zhang, China Synth. Rubber Ind., 39, 265 (2016).Google Scholar
- (17).X. H. Kang, S. Q. Liu, L. Xu, X. Wang, and C. Q. Li, China Synth. Rubber Ind., 41, 73 (2018).Google Scholar
- (26).H. W. Ma, L. Han, and Y. Li, Macromol. Chem. Phys., 218, 1600420 (2017).Google Scholar