Fabrications and photovoltaic properties of dye-sensitized solar cells with electrospun poly(vinyl alcohol) nanofibers containing Ag nanoparticles
- First Online:
Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) nanofibers were prepared by an electrospinning method using a PVA solution containing silver nitrate (AgNO3) to improve the photovoltaic properties of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSC). The electrospun PVA nanofibers containing AgNO3 were irradiated with UV light at 310∼380 nm and Ag nanoparticles were generated in their nanofibers. In the DSSC devices using the electrospun PVA/Ag nanofibers, the Jsc, Voc, FF, and η showed the values of 11.9∼12.5 mA/cm2, 0.70∼0.71 V, 0.55∼0.59, and 4.73∼4.99%, respectively. When the electrospun PVA/Ag (1 wt%) nanofibers were used in the DSSC device, the power conversion efficiency showed a maximum value of 4.99%, which is higher than that of DSSC using electrospun PVA nanofibers without Ag nanoparticles.
Keywordsdye-sensitized solar cells electrospinning method poly(vinyl alcohol) polymer nanofiber
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).A. Formhals, US Patent 1,975,504 (1934).Google Scholar
- (2).S. H. Hong, S. A. Lee, J. D. Nam, Y. K. Lee, T. S. Kim, and S. Won, Macromol. Res., 16, 204 (2008).Google Scholar
- (3).E. H. Shin, K. S. Cho, M. H. Seo, and H. Kim, Macromol. Res., 16, 314 (2008).Google Scholar
- (4).X. Fang and D. H. Reneker, J. Macromol. Sci. Phys., B36, 169 (1997).Google Scholar
- (15).H. J. Shim, D. W. Kim, C. Lee, Y. Kang, and D. H. Suh, Macromol. Res., 16, 424 (2008).Google Scholar
- (16).G. Vijayakumar, M. J. Lee, M. Song, S. H. Jin, J. W. Lee, C. W. Lee, Y. S. Gal, H. J. Shim, Y. Kang, G. W. Lee, K. Kim, N. G. Park, and S. Kim, Macromol. Res., 17, 963 (2009).Google Scholar