A Service-Based Production Ecosystem Architecture for Industrie 4.0
- 11 Downloads
Changeability is one major goal of Industrie 4.0. Existing production architectures limit changeability, because programmable logic controllers (PLC) that are responsible for the execution of real-time production steps also define the order of production steps that are executed for every product. PLC programming therefore implicitly defines the production process. Consequently, any change of a production process requires changes in PLC code, causes potential side effects due to unknown controller dependencies, and requires extensive testing. We propose a service-based architecture approach that encapsulates production steps into re-useable services. Production cells invoke services, and comparable to multi-agent systems autonomously decide about optimal service invocations based on shared information. In this article, we outline our service-based architecture concept and describe a use-case that illustrates the decentral organization of production systems and the cooperative optimization of production steps.
KeywordsService-based production SoA Industrie 4.0 Self-optimizing Self-reconfigurable
The study was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Reasearch - BMBF (Grant no. 01IS16022).
- 2.Jammes F, Smit H, Lastra JLM, Delamer IM (2005) Orchestration of service-oriented manufacturing processes. In :2005 IEEE conference on emerging technologies and factory automation, vol 1, pp 8–624Google Scholar
- 3.Gamboa QF, Cardin O, L’Anton A, Castagna P (2015) Implementation of a process orchestration model in a service oriented holonic manufacturing system. In: IFAC-papers online—15th IFAC symposium on information control problems in manufacturing, vol 48(3), pp 1111–1116Google Scholar
- 4.Mathes M, Heinzl S, Freisleben B (2008) Towards a time-constrained web service infrastructure for industrial automation. In: 2008 IEEE international conference on emerging technologies and factory automation, pp 846–853Google Scholar
- 6.Delamer IM, Lastra JLM (2007) Loosely-coupled automation systems using device-level SOA. In: 2007 5th IEEE international conference on industrial informatics, vol 2, pp 743–748Google Scholar
- 10.Barnstedt E, Bedenbender H, Billmann M, Boss B, Clauer E, Fritsche M, Garrels K, Hankel M, Hillermeier O, Hoffmeister M, Jochem M, Koziolek H, Legat C, Mendes M, Neidig J, Sauer M, Schier M, SchmittM, Schrder T, Ziesche C (2018) Details of the asset administration shell. Part 1—The exchange of information between partners in the value chain of Industrie 4.0, p 11Google Scholar
- 11.Bao J, Calvanese D, Grau BC, Dzbor M, Fokoue A, Golbreich C (2012) Owl 2 web ontology language document overview. https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-overview/