Facile synthesis of Zn3(VO4)2/FeVO4 heterojunction and study on its photocatalytic and electrochemical properties
- 5 Downloads
First time, a novel Zn3(VO4)2/FeVO4 heterojunction nanophotocatalyst has been prepared using the slightly modified hydrothermal method by varying precursor ratios of iron and zinc salts. The physio-chemical characterizations of as-prepared nanocomposites were carried out by XRD, FESEM, EDS, XPS, BET, UV–Vis, PL, CV and EIS. Effect of molar ratio showed that Zn3(VO4)2/FeVO4 nanocomposite with molar ratio 1:1 exhibited excellent photocatalytic activity than pure single Zn3(VO4)2 and FeVO4 photocatalysts by completely degrading the Rhodamine-B (Rh-B) dye solution at pH-3. The Zn3(VO4)2/FeVO4 composite was also used for the electrochemical identification of ascorbic acid and glucose. This study provides first-hand information about the potential of vanadate-based nanocomposites for the photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants and electrochemical sensing of various analytes.
KeywordsVanadate nanocomposites Crystal structure Phase transformations Hydrothermal method Rhodamine-B (Rh-B) Photocatalysis
The authors are grateful to Dr. Zhengjun Zhang, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China for supporting characterization techniques and keen interest.
The authors did not receive financial support for this work from any agency.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Imam SS, Zango ZU, Abdullahi H (2018) Am Sci Res J Eng Technol Sci 41:26–39Google Scholar
- Iwashita N (2016) Chapter 2—X-ray powder diffraction. In: Inagaki M, Kang F (eds) Materials science and engineering of carbon. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, pp 7–25Google Scholar
- Liu CJ, Xu YH (2011) Adv Mater Res Trans Tech Publ 148:1469–1472Google Scholar
- Moscow S, Jothivenkatachalam K, Jaganathan K (2012) Struct Opt Study Titan Dioxide Thin Films Prep Sol-Gel Tech 24:46Google Scholar
- Owusu PA, Asumadu-Sarkodie S (2016) Cogent Eng 3:1167990Google Scholar
- Shad NA, Sajid MM, Amin N, Javed Y, Akhtar K, Ahmad G, Hassan S, Ikram M (2019a) Ceram Int 45:19015–19021Google Scholar
- Taabouche A (2015) Thèse de Doctorat. Université de Constantine 1, pp 1–97Google Scholar
- Xie Y, Yin J, Zheng J, Wang L, Wu J, Dresselhaus MS, Zhang X (2019) ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11(35):32244–32250Google Scholar
- Zeng D, Yang K, Yu C, Chen F, Li X, Wu Z, Liu H (2018) Appl Catal B Environ 237:449–463Google Scholar