Atomic force microscopy and Raman spectroscopy of Pb1−xSnxTe surfaces polished after treatment with H2O2–HBr–ethylene glycol etchants
- 2 Downloads
The morphology and microstructure of the Pb1−xSnxTe surfaces polished by the H2O2–HBr–ethylene glycol etchants have been investigated using atomic force and electron microscopy techniques. Treatment of the Pb0.8Sn0.2Te crystal surfaces with new etchant mixtures allows to obtain ultra-smooth surfaces Ra < 1 nm. The single crystal surfaces after chemical–mechanical and chemical-dynamic polishing by the bromine emerging compositions has been studied using metallography and profilometry. The structural perfection and chemical composition of the Pb1−xSnxTe surfaces polished by the chemical treatment have been determined by X-ray analysis, scanning electron microscopy, and Raman spectroscopy.
KeywordsChemical etching Pb1−xSnxTe solid solution Atomic force microscopy Raman spectroscopy X-ray analysis
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- Aleksandrova OA, Moshnikov VA (2007) Physics and chemistry of optoelectronic and nanoelectronic materials: a practical course. SPbGETU LETI, St. Petersburg (in Russian) Google Scholar
- Anufriev LP et al (2009) Integrated electronics technology. Integralpoligraph Publ., Minsk (in Russian) Google Scholar
- Bochkin OI et al (1983) Mechanical treatment of semiconductor materials. Vysshaya Shkola Publ., Moscow (in Russian) Google Scholar
- Osipova EV et al (1991) The investigation of damaged layers on the surface of lead telluride single crystals after different methods of cutting [in Russian]. Neorgan Mater 27(6):1200–1203Google Scholar
- Pop SS, Sharodi IS (2001) Physical electronics. Euroworld, Lviv (in Ukrainian) Google Scholar
- Shperun VM et al (2000) Thermoelectric properties of lead telluride and its analogs. Ivano-Frankivsk, Plai (in Ukrainian) Google Scholar
- Tomashyk ZF et al (2012) Polishing of PbTe and Pb1−xSnxTe single crystals with H2O2–HBr–ethylene glycol bromine-releasing etchants [in Ukrainian]. Voprosy khimii i khim tekhnologii 4:120–125Google Scholar