Reliability analysis and optimization design on equilibrium elbow
- 55 Downloads
Equilibrium elbow is a key mechanical component in the self-propelled artillery system and the reliability analysis of the component is necessary to the safety of the whole system. In this paper, the equilibrium elbow model is established to analyze the reliability and reliability sensitivity of arbitrary distribution parameters. Three main failure modes and the times of loading action have been taken into account when analyzing the reliability sensitivity. Numerical method for reliability calculation is presented based on four moment method and the reliability sensitivity model of mean and variance values with random structural parameters were established. Based on the results of the reliability sensitivity analysis, reliability robust optimization design has been studied to enhance the reliability of equilibrium elbow and decrease the reliability sensitivity of mean and variance value. Application of the proposed approach could provide a practical routine for mechanical optimization and design.
KeywordsEquilibrium elbow Reliability sensitivity Optimization design
The research work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (71401173).
- Hu J, Ge X, Zhang L et al (2014) Degradation shift modeling and condition maintenance decision optimization of multi-failure system. Comput Integr Manuf Syst 20(1):165–172 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Liu C, Tan F, Wang L (2015) Research on multi-objective optimization of machine bed based on sensitivity analysis. Modul Mach Tool Autom Manuf Tech 3:1–4Google Scholar
- Pickard K, Muller P, Bertsche B (2005) Multiple failure mode and effects analysis: an approach to risk assessment of multiple failures with FMEA. In: Proceedings of reliability and maintainability symposium. Washington, USA. IEEE, 2005, pp 457–462Google Scholar
- Shi W, Li W (2016) Fracture failure analysis of ZTC10 titanium alloy balance elbow. Fail Anal Prev 11(5):300–321Google Scholar
- Si YY, Sun ZL, Yan M (2009) Application of response surface methodology in sensitivity calculation of reliability. J Northeast Univ (Nat Sci) 30(2):270–273Google Scholar
- Sun W, Ma B, Ma J, Zhao Y (2014) Reliability analysis of suspension device in the refit of a tracked vehicle. Noise Vib Control 34(4):165–168Google Scholar
- Wang QL, Wang HY, Rui Q (2012) Dynamic modeling and simulation analysis on ride dynamic of wheeled off-road vehicle. J Acad Armored Force Eng 26(5):34–38 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang M, Feng F (2005) The Conjunction connect Load-arm with Damper of One High-Speed Track Vehicle Improvement. Vehicle & Power Technology 97(1):36–38Google Scholar
- Zhang Y, Lyu H (2014) An analytical methodology of reliability and sensitivity analysis for mechanical components considering the times of load action. J Eng Des 21(2):119–123Google Scholar
- Zhang Y, Tang J, Zhang M, Lin C (2008) Research on reliability simulation process model based on Monte Carlo method. Syst Eng Electron 30(7):1374–1385 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang Y, Cao H, Wang H, Yang Z (2015) Reliability and reliability sensitivity analyses of cutting precision based on a lathe spindle’s dynamic responses. J Vib Shock 34(23):14–17 (in Chinese)Google Scholar