Occult Multiple Mediastinal Lymph Node Metastasis and Malignant Pleural Effusion Due to Signet Ring Cell Gastric Cancer
- 1 Downloads
Mediastinal lymph node metastasis occasionally occurs in patients with advanced gastric cancer of the cardia with esophageal invasion, but is rarely encountered in patients with gastric cancer at other sites . Here we report an extremely rare case of occult hilar and mediastinal lymph node metastasis and malignant pleural effusion after distal gastrectomy for antral signet ring cell gastric cancer.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- 2.Chen J, Cai R, Ren G, Zhao J, Li H, Guo C, He W, Wu X, Zhang W (2018) Differences in clinicopathological characteristics and computed tomography findings between signet ring cell carcinoma and nonsignet ring cell carcinoma in early and advanced gastric cancer. Cancer Med 7:1160–1169. https://doi.org/10.1002/cam4.1417 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Nie RC, Yuan SQ, Li YF, Chen YM, Chen XJ, Zhu BY, Xu LP, Zhou ZW, Chen S, Chen YB (2017) Clinicopathological characteristics and prognostic value of signet ring cells in gastric carcinoma: a meta-analysis. J Cancer 8:3396–3404. https://doi.org/10.7150/jca.21017eCollection2017
- 5.Lu M, Yang Z, Feng Q, Yu M, Zhang Y, Mao C, Shen L, Tang J (2016) The characteristics and prognostic value of signet ring cell histology in gastric cancer: a retrospective cohort study of 2199 consecutive patients. Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e4052. https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000004052 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Chon HJ, Hyung WJ, Kim C, Park S, Kim JH, Park CH, Ahn JB, Kim H, Chung HC, Rha SY, Noh SH, Jeung HC (2017) Differential prognostic implications of gastric signet ring cell carcinoma: stage adjusted analysis from a single high-volume center in Asia. Ann Surg 265:946–953. https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000001793 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Liu X, Cai H, Sheng W, Yu L, Long Z, Shi Y, Wang Y (2015) Clinicopathological characteristics and survival outcomes of primary signet ring cell carcinoma in the stomach: retrospective analysis of single center database. PLoS One 10:e0144420. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0144420.eCollection2015 CrossRefGoogle Scholar