A generalization of Puiseux’s theorem and lifting curves over invariants
- First Online:
- 50 Downloads
Let ρ:G→GL (V) be a rational representation of a reductive linear algebraic group G defined over ℂ on a finite dimensional complex vector space V. We show that, for any generic smooth (resp. CM) curve c:ℝ→V//G in the categorical quotient V//G (viewed as affine variety in some ℂn) and for any t0∈ℝ, there exists a positive integer N such that t↦c(t0±(t−t0)N) allows a smooth (resp. CM) lift to the representation space near t0. (CM denotes the Denjoy–Carleman class associated with M=(Mk), which is always assumed to be logarithmically convex and derivation closed). As an application we prove that any generic smooth curve in V//G admits locally absolutely continuous (not better!) lifts. Assume that G is finite. We characterize curves admitting differentiable lifts. We show that any germ of a C∞ curve which represents a lift of a germ of a quasianalytic CM curve in V//G is actually CM. There are applications to polar representations.
KeywordsPuiseux’s theorem Reductive group representations Invariants Regular lifting Ultradifferentiable Denjoy–Carleman
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)14L24 14L30 20G20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Luna, D.: Slices étales. Sur les groupes algébriques, pp. 81–105. Soc. Math. France, Paris (1973). Bull. Soc. Math. France, Paris, Mémoire 33 Google Scholar
- 9.Pereira, M. Pe: Nash problem for quotient surface singularities (2010). arXiv:1011.3792
- 10.Puiseux, V.: Recherches sur les fonctions algébriques. J. Math. Pures Appl. 15(207), 365–480 (1850) Google Scholar
- 12.Rainer, A.: Quasianalytic multiparameter perturbation of polynomials and normal matrices. Trans. Am. Math. Soc. (2009, to appear). arXiv:0905.0837
- 13.Rainer, A.: Lifting quasianalytic mappings over invariants. Can. J. Math. (2010, to appear). arXiv:1007.0836
- 18.Vinberg, È.B., Popov, V.L.: Invariant Theory. Algebraic Geometry, vol. 4 (Russian), pp. 137–314, 315. Itogi Nauki i Tekhniki, Akad. Nauk SSSR Vsesoyuz. Inst. Nauchn. i Tekhn. Inform., Moscow (1989) Google Scholar