On solutions to evolution equations defined by lattice operators
- 525 Downloads
We discuss a specific form of evolution equations defined by lattice operators. We give exact solutions for a class of those equations and evaluate the complexity of the solutions. Moreover we discuss the relationship between them and binary cellular automata, and analyze their asymptotic behavior utilizing the explicit expression of the solution.
KeywordsLattice operator Max-plus algebra Ultradiscretization Cellular automaton Integrable system
Mathematics Subject Classification39A14 06D99 37B15 68Q80
- 1.Grätzer, G.: Lattice Theory: First Concepts and Distributive Lattices. W. H. Freeman, San Francisco (1971)Google Scholar
- 3.Bellon, M.P., Viallet, C.M. Algebraic entropy. Commun. Math. Phys. 204, 425–437 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Robinson, C.: Dynamical Systems: Stability, Symbolic Dynamics, and Chaos, 2nd edn. CRC Press, Boca Raton (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Wolfram, S.: Theory and Applications of Cellular Automata. World Scientific, Singapore (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Wolfram, S.: A New Kind of Science. Wolfram Media, Champaign (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Takahashi, D., Matsukidaira, J., Hara, H., Feng, B.: Max-plus analysis on some binary particle systems. J. Phys. A Math. Theor. 44, 135102 (2011)Google Scholar
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits any use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and the source are credited.