Foreword: Function, Classification and Management of Asian Wetlands
- 268 Downloads
Asian wetland conservation is critical for future environmental protection in the region, but these wetlands are understudied. In particular, there is a lack of research studies published in English due to the limited access of Asian researchers to western scientific journals. This special feature of Wetlands showcases primary research conducted in Asian wetlands and was sponsored by various agencies of the U.S. and Chinese governments including the U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Department of State, and The State Forestry Administration of the People’s Republic of China. The featured articles should be of great value to wetland scientists, managers and policy-makers with an interest in the conservation of Asian wetlands.
KeywordsConservation Natural areas protection Wetland development Wetland restoration
- Choi C, Gan X, Hua N, Wang Y, Ma Z (2013) The Habitat Use and Home Range Analysis of Dunlin (Calidris alpina) in Chongming Dongtan, China and their Conservation Implications. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0450-9
- Gao J, Zhang X, Lei G, Wang G (2014) Soil organic carbon and its fractions in relation to degradation and restoration of wetlands on the Zoigê Plateau, China. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0449-2
- Jia M, Wang Z, Li L, Song K, Ren C, Liu B, Mao D (2014) Mapping China’s mangroves based on an object-oriented classification of Landsat imagery. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0449-2
- Jiao C, Zhou D (2014) Modeling the spatial distribution of Carex pseudocuraica in a freshwater marsh, northeast China. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0496-8
- Seo J, Jang I, Gebauer G, Kang H (2014) Abundance of methanogens, methanotrophic bacteria, and denitrifiers in rice paddy soils. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0449-2
- Tong C, Wang C, Huang JF, Wang WQ, E Y, Liao J, Yao C (2013) Ecosystem Respiration Does not Differ Before and After Tidal Inundation in Brackish Marshes of the Min River Estuary, Southeast China. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0478-x
- U.S. Department of State (2014) U.S.-China Ten Year Framework for Cooperation on Energy and Environment. www.state.gov/e/oes/eqt/tenyearframework/index.htm, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Department of State (2014) Wetlands Cooperation. www.state.gov/e/oes/eqt/tenyearframework/141871.htm, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.
- Yan Y, Xu J (2013) Improving winter performance of constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment in northern China: a review. Wetlands. doi: 10.1007/s13157-013-0444-7