Two new species of free-living nematodes of genus Tripyloides (Nematoda: Enoplida: Tripyloididae) from mangrove wetlands in the Xiamen Bay, China
- 19 Downloads
Two new species of free living nematodes Tripyloides mangrovensis n. sp. and Tripyloides amoyanus n. sp. of genus Tripyloides de Man, 1886 are described from mangroves of the Tong’an Bay and Haimen Island in the Xiamen Bay, China. The two species are both characterized by six stout outer labial setae, male without preanal papillae, tail conico-cylindrical without swollen terminally. Tripyloides mangrovensis n. sp. can be additionally by its buccal cavity consisting of two parts, amphid circular, distinct proximal conical and distal slender cylindrical portions, 2/3 of the tail cylindrical. Tripyloides amoyanus n. sp. is distinguished by buccal cavity consisting of three parts with small tooth, amphid small, rounded, like a comma-shaped loop, 1/3 of the tail cylindrical, gubernaculum with four denticles.
Key wordsTripyloides mangrovensis n. sp. Tripyloides amoyanus n. sp. mangrove free living marine nematodes China
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors thank Dahms Hans-U. from Kaohsiung Medical University and He Enming from Fujian Institute of Subtropical Botany for providing valuable comments on the manuscript, and thank Rao Yiyong, Chen Xinwei, Yan Lulu, Li Xiang, Li Wenjun and Li Guoqiang for great assistance in the sampling.
- Chen Yuzhen, Guo Yuqing. 2015. Two new species of Lauratonema (nematoda: Lauratonematidae) from the intertidal zone of the East China Sea. Journal of Natural History, 49(29–30): 1–12Google Scholar
- de Man J G. 1886. Anatomische Untersuchungen über freilebende Nordsee-nematoden. Leipzig (Verlag von Paul Frohberg), 1886: 1–82Google Scholar
- Heip C, Vincx M, Vranken G. 1985. The ecology of marine nematodes. Oceanography and Marine Biology: an Annual Review, 23: 399–489Google Scholar
- Huang Hongliang, Liu Shengfa. 2002. One new species of free-living marine nematodes from southeastern beach of Xiamen Island. Journal Oceanography in Taiwan Strait (in Chinese), 21(2): 177–180Google Scholar
- Kathiresan K, Rajendran N, Thangadurai G. 1996. Growth of mangrove seedlings in the intertidal area of Vellar estuary, southeast coast of India. Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 25: 240–243Google Scholar
- Shi Benze. 2016. Taxonomy of nematodes and community structure of meiofauna in various marine habitats. Qingdao: University of Chinese Academy of SciencesGoogle Scholar
- Tchesunov A V, Mokievsky V O, Thanh N V. 2010. Three new free-living nematode species (Nematoda, Enoplida) from mangrove habitats of Nha Trang, Central Vietnam. Russian Journal of Nematology, 18(2): 155–173Google Scholar
- Zhang Zhinan, Platt H M. 1983. New species of marine nematodes from Qingdao, China. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History) Zoology, 45(5): 253–261Google Scholar
- Zou Chaozhong. 2000. Research on free-living marine nematodes near the Xiamen Island—description of two species of the family Axonolaimidae (Filipjev, 1918). Journal of Xiamen University (Natural Science in Chinese), 6: 862–868Google Scholar
- Zou Chaozhong. 2001. Research on free living marine nematodes near Xiamen Island—new and known species of family Comesomatidae (Nematoda). Journal of Oceanography in Taiwan Strait (in Chinese), 1: 48–53Google Scholar