Development of SNP markers for Ayous (Triplochiton scleroxylon K. Schum) an economically important tree species from tropical West and Central Africa
- 229 Downloads
182 SNP markers were developed for Ayous (Triplochiton scleroxylon K. Schum) by incorporating information from two next generation sequencing approaches (RADseq Floragenex and AFLPseq IonTorrent PGM) into a single genotyping panel for MassARRAY® iPLEX™. This set of markers was successfully used to genotype 753 individuals from 43 populations in five Tropical West and Central African Countries. These loci have an expected heterozygosity range of 0.007–0.501 and F ST from 0 to 0.306.
KeywordsSingle nucleotide polymorphism MassARRAY Obeche Timber tracking Cameroon Congo Ghana
The work was financially supported by the International Tropical Timber Organization (Project PD 620/11 Rev.1) and the Australian Research Council (Project LP120100648). The TIFG approach for loci screening was supported by funding from the Conseil Regional d’Aquitaine (Nos. 20030304002FA and 20040305003FA), European Union, FEDER (No. 2003227) and from Investissements d’avenir, Convention attributive d’aide (No. ANR-10-EQPX-16-01).
- Akinnagbe A (2008) Genetic variation in Mansonia altissima A. Chev. and Triplochiton scleroxylon K. Schum under different regimes of human impact in Akure Forest Reserve, Nigeria. Dissertation, University of GöttingenGoogle Scholar
- Bosu PP, Krampah E (2005) Triplochiton scleroxylon K. Schum In: Louppe, D Oteng-Amoako AA, Brink M (eds) PROTA. (www.prota4u.org/search.asp). Accessed 12 Dec 2015
- Degen B, Henry B (2015) Verifying timber in Africa. In: Carillo R (ed) ITTO tropical forest update 24(1):8–10Google Scholar
- Igboanugo ABI, Iversen P (2004) Conservation and use of Triplochiton scleroxylon in moist West Africa. In: Iversen P, Sigaud P, France-Lanord M (eds) Forest Genetic Resources 31:50–52Google Scholar
- ITTO (2015) Biennial review and assessment of the world timber situation 2013–2014. Appendix 3:125–187Google Scholar
- Orwa C, Mutua A, Kindt R, Jamnadass R, Simons A (2009) Agroforestree database: a tree reference and selection guide. Version 4.0. (www.worldagroforestry.org/af/treedb/). Accessed 12 Dec 2015
- Slavov G, Nipper R, Robson P, Farrar K, Allison G, Bosch M, Clifton-Brown J, Donnison I, Jensen E (2014) Genome-wide association studies and prediction of 17 traits related to phenology, biomass and cell wall composition in the energy grass Miscanthus sinensis. New Phytol 201:1227–1239CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar