Development and characterization of twelve polymorphic microsatellite loci in the cephalopod Amphioctopus fangsiao (d’Orbigny, 1839–1841)
- 197 Downloads
Amphioctopus fangsiao is a commercially important and potential species located in the waters of China. In this survey, the first set of 12 polymorphic microsatellite loci for A. fangsiao was developed and characterized. The number of alleles ranged from 2 to 16 per locus and the observed and expected heterozygosities varied from 0.200 to 0.966 and from 0.276 to 0.917, respectively. Only one locus (Amf12) deviated significantly from Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium after correction for multiple tests. These informative markers will offer insights to the assessment of population structure and conservation genetics of the species in the future.
KeywordsAmphioctopus fangsiao Microsatellite Genetic diversity
We thank ZR Zuo and XJ Su for their help in this study and also thank WJ Wang and G Dong for the sample collection. This study was supported by research grants from National Natural Science Foundation of China (31172058) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (201122005).
- Gao Q, Wang ZP, Wang RC, Zheng XD (2002) Allozyme variation in five populations of Octopus ocellatus. Trans Oceanol Limnol 4:46–51 (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Lu CC, Zheng XD, Lin XZ (2012) Diversity of Cephalopoda from the waters of the Chinese mainland and Taiwan. In: Proceeding of the 1st Mainland and Taiwan Symposium on Marine Biodiversity Studies. pp. 76–87Google Scholar
- Lü ZM, Li H, Wu CW, Fan ZJ, Zhang JS (2010) Genetic variation of Octopus ocellatus populations in China’s coastal waters based on the COI gene analysis. Acta Oceanol Sin 32(1):130–138 (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Lü ZM, Li H, Wu CW, Fan ZJ, Zhang JS (2011) Population genetic of Octopus ocellatus in coastal waters of China based on 16S rDNA sequence. J Fisher Sci Chn 18(1):29–37 (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Zhang LG, Yang JM, Liu XQ, Wang WJ, Sun GH, Liu LJ, Zheng XD (2009) Genetic diversity of Octopus ocellatus by AFLP markers. Oceanol Limnol Sin 40(60):803–807 (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar