Mendelian inheritance, linkage and linkage disequilibrium in microsatellite loci of Copaifera langsdorffii Desf.
- 94 Downloads
Copaifera langsdorffii is a Neotropical tree with wide distribution in the Brazilian Atlantic rain forest and savanna. Although eight microsatellite loci (SSR) were developed in 2000 and have been widely used since then, there is yet no information about their inheritance, linkage and linkage disequilibrium (LD). Through the analysis of 28 open-pollinated (OP) progenies, the SSR loci revealed Mendelian inheritance and independent assortment. Using these progenies, young and adult trees LD was mainly detected in OP progenies. Our results show clear evidence that the eight SSR loci can be used without restriction in genetic diversity, mating system and parentage analysis.
KeywordsTropical-tree Microsatellite Inheritance Conservation
The authors thank Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP) for funding this project. RT is supported by a FAPESP PhD scholarship (grant no. 2006/04490-9) and AMS is supported by a National Counsel of Technological and Scientific Development (CNPq) research fellowship. Special thanks to Laboratório de Reprodução e Genética de Espécies Arbóreas (University of São Paulo) for laboratory help.
- Ciampi AY, Brondani RPV, Grattapaglia D (2000) Desenvolvimento de marcadores microssatélites para Copaifera langsdorffii Desf. (copaíba) Leguminosae–Caesalpinoideae e otimização de sistemas fluorescentes de genotipagem multiloco. Boletim de Pesquisa da Embrapa Recursos Genéticos e Biotecnologia 16:1–40Google Scholar
- Doyle JJ, Doyle JL (1987) A rapid DNA isolation method for small quantities of fresh tissues. Phytochem Bull Bot Soc Am 19:11–15Google Scholar
- Goudet J (2002) FSTAT (Version 184.108.40.206): a computer program to calculate F-statistics. http://www.unil.ch/izea/softwares/fstat.html
- Hedrick PW (2005) Genetics of populations, 3rd edn. Jones and Bartlett, BostonGoogle Scholar
- R Development Core Team (2008) R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org
- Tarazi R, Mantovani A, Reis MS (2009) Fine-scale spatial genetic structure and allozymic diversity in natural populations of Ocotea catharinensis Mez. (Lauraceae). Conserv Genet. doi: 10.1007/s10592-009-9939-4
- Weir BS (1996) Genetic data analysis II: methods for discrete population genetic data, 2nd edn. Sinaver Associates, SunderlandGoogle Scholar