Anticonvulsant Activity of Dimephosphonum
A novel Russian medicine dimephosphonum at its therapeutic doses of 50 mg/kg and 100 mg/kg showed anti-seizure activity on models of primary generalized seizures caused by corazolum or by maximal electroshock in rats and mice. Dimephosphonum prevented death of rats and mice in both seizure models like reference preparations phenazepam, valproic acid, and levetiracetam. The effects of dimephosphonum were less pronounced compared to phenazepam or valproic acid, but were comparable to those of levetiracetam.
KeywordsAnticonvulsant activity Dimephosphonum Rats Mice Maximal electroshock test Corazolum antagonism test Anticonvulsant drugs
The work was performed according to the Russian Government Program of Competitive Growth of the Kazan Federal University.
- 1.Karlov, V. A. (2018) Epilepsy in children and adults, women and men: a guide for doctors. Moscow: Medicine, 720 p.Google Scholar
- 2.Gusev, E. I., Gekht, A. B., Melochanova, L. E., Churilin, Y. Y. (2010). Epidemiology of epilepsy. Epilepsy. Under the general ed. N.G. Neznanova. -St. Petersburg-Р. 51–64.Google Scholar
- 3.Gromov, S. A., Khorshev, S. K., & Mikhailov, V. A. (2000). Therapy of epilepsy optimization by finplexin. Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry, 9, 32–35.Google Scholar
- 4.Mironov, A. N. (2012). Guidelines for conducting preclinical studies of medicines.-M (Vol. 1) 940 p.Google Scholar
- 7.Kashapov, L. R. (2015). The study of the biological properties of new dimephosphone analogues: synopsis dis. Kazan: Abstract of diss. Cand. Med. Sciences, 22p.Google Scholar
- 8.Arbuzov, B. A., Wiesel A. O., Zaikonnikova I. V., Studentsova I. A. (1965). Organophosphorus compounds with low toxicity. Dokl. The USSR AS., 165(1), 91–94.Google Scholar
- 9.Studentsova, I. A. (1969). Influence of dimethyl ester of 1,1-dimethyl-3-ketobutylphosphinic acid on the toxic effect of certain stimulants of the nervous system // Pharmacology and toxicology of organophosphorus compounds and other biologically active substances, vol. 28, p. 69–71.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST R 50258–92. (2018). Complete compaund feeds for laboratory animals. Specifications. [Electronic resource]. – URL: http://www.internet-law.ru/gosts/gost/28067/ (date of the application: 09.07.2018).
- 11.About the approval of the rules of laboratory practice: Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation of August 23, 2010 N 708n: registrated in the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation. Federations October 13, 2010 N 18713 // Ros.gaz. - 2010 22 Oct. [Electronic resource]. – URL: http://base.garant.ru/12179613/ (date of the application: 09.07.2018).
- 12.European Convention on the Protection of Vertebrates Used for Experiments or Other Scientific Purposes. (1986). [Electronic resource]. – URL: https://www.coe.int/en/web/conventions/full-list/-/conventions/treaty/123. (date of the application: 09.07.2018).